cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: Telephone Fault

If the line is with the "Post Office" then that is correct The forum mods cannot access another suppliers records the problem need to be taken up with the "Post Office" not BT Retail
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

Openreach are a separate company.

Who are Openreach?

0 Ratings
Peasant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Openreach are a separate company.

Who are Openreach?

Precisely, even we peasants have grasped that Smiley Happy

UkPowernetworks are seperate from the electricity suppliers, yet they are able to speak to the end users.

The link to your website gives me this:-

"Sorry - You must currently be connected to BT Broadband or the BT network to use this website.
You may need to wait until you are actually at home, not at work.

This is a private website for the benefit of BT Broadband customers who use the
BT Customer Support Community
website, and is not connected with BT.

If you are visiting this site from a BT Broadband or BT Corporate connection, and are getting this message,
then please contact me via the BT Community forum, and tell me the date and time of your attempt.
and your public IP address.

Thanks
Keith Beddoe"

I am not a BT customer, I was helping or trying to help a couple who were let down by the system and culture they found themseves in.  Ironically due to that system and their perception that they may get a better service from BT if they are in the process of returning to using BT as a supplier.  Yet they still have not had a working landline since it was reported on 28th'September.  The earliest it can be repaired is on the 4th. as Openreach engineers are not allowed to work overtime and due to reverting to BT their broadband will not be working until the 14th.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

The link to Openreach works, but the other link in my signature, is for BT Broadband Customers. There is no additional information there which would help you, its mainly technical stuff relating to BT Broadband.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

who ever told you Openreach engineers are not allowed to work overtime is mis informed they work regular overtime and at this present time are working through weekends trying to clear the major backlog of work to the network and its infrastructure
0 Ratings
Peasant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

I thought BT folk didn't know what Openreach engineers didSmiley Happy

But to answer your question.  In July when there were several phones out in this area after a lot of chivvying involving engineers from KCC Highways and the contractors to Openreach a duct over a culvert was replaced about 18days after the fault in the cable fault inside.  I spoke to the contractors installing the duct on the Friday afternoon who told me they were going to finish the duct that day as they were expecting BT engineers to work on the Saturday.  In the event with service still not working late Monday I went check on Tuesday morning and saw the engineer on the job who said that exceptionally they were allowed to work until 7p.m. on the Monday, he would have been happy to have worked later as well as on Saturday, but was not allowed.

Of course after the gale on this last Monday engineers were encouraged to work overtime or there would have been a public outcry.  In July score or so of customers in rural kent, most of whom are with different suppliers, who cares about another couple of days?  Certainly not the management of Openreach.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 22

like Keith i am also a BT customer just like you my comment comes from personal knowledge as I have an Openreach engineer as a neighbour and he has been working all hours and all out of his own area to assist in clearing the backlog this weekend
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

Openreach provide an equal service level to all providers under rules laid down by OFCOM
0 Ratings
Peasant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

@john46 wrote:
like Keith i am also a BT customer just like you my comment comes from personal knowledge as I have an Openreach engineer as a neighbour and he has been working all hours and all out of his own area to assist in clearing the backlog this weekend

John

I think if you read my posts more carefully you'll see that I said that after the recent gales that I expected that Openreach engineers would be asked to work overtime to avoid a public outcry.  It was an entirely different case in July.  The managers obviously thought they could get away with saving money by engineers not working overtime.  I spoke to the engineer on the job, he told me he was not allowed to work on the Saturday, in spite of users having been without  a phone for nearly three weeks.

I know that some of those people without a working phone were elderly and infirm, the lack of a phone made their situation worse.

Also I am not a BT customer.  In the case of the user who's been without a working phoneine since September I have been trying to contact Openreach as the channels they had tried though their provider had failed.  I tried to make the point that in a parallel situation with electricity supply it was easy to speak to UKPowernetworks and discover whether the fault had been reported and when it would be repaired, in fact after they had repaired the known fault, they even sent a text message to advise me that the supply should be working in case there was another fault.

0 Ratings
Peasant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

After forty days in the widerness being without a landline the elderly couple are back online today.  They have spent a small fortune feeding an expensive mobile phone and their daughter has lost sales due to not being able to access her online business.  Where do they go for compensation?

0 Ratings