cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 148

Re: Termination Request.

Thank you I will do this tomorrow after work and see what can be done.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 148

This is what I got from the checker - 

The current Downstream BRAS rate is: 38.72 Mbps

The current Upstream BRAS rate is: 10 Mbps

I didn't want to screenshot the page as it has my landline number at the end which I can't edit out on my PS3. I'm on Unlimited BT Infinity 1. 

What does this mean? >> Real Error: Migration code required for this number

Thanks!

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 43 of 148

Looks like you're running full speed on Infinity 1. There's apparently no problem with your connection as DLM has not had to intervene.

Ignore the message about Real Error: Migration code required for this number That's just an old check for the ISP BeUnlimited which no longer exists.

Is your Playstation connected by Ethernet or wireless?

Have you tried giving your Playstation a static IP address?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 148

Ok a little goof news at least. My PS3 is using static ip and DMZ. The DMZ is to help me get open Nat Type for Call of Duty as I like hosting games thanks to my upload. The HH3A doesn't give me an open Nat any other way. I know the PS3 doesnt have a security risk with DMZ. Its also wired in gigabit port and can confirm the gigabit works the full 1000 as I looked in my home network on the HH3. So what is the next step with my situation? Thanks for helping again.
0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 45 of 148

I think you need a new router.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 148

Way ahead of you this morning. I requested a replacement HH3 this morning only to get refused by the fella at BT India. Then after 10 minutes of haggling he decides yeah sure for £45. I did ask to speak to a manager to try and sort this out as I knew I could get a free replacement for free. I was put on hold for 15 minutes then he hung up. A lovely start to my morning. Headaches and coffee.
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 148

Still getting fobbed off by india. I give up I'll just put up with this **bleep**. As all I am doing is wasting my time. I just hope BT in future will be reliable, less frustrating and more useful. So thanks to people who tried to help. Thanks mods for avoiding this altogether as you know something could have been fixed. A 5 page thread is big enough to see is it not? Irritated is putting it lightly, I am washing my hands of this as nothing will ever get done heck I'll stop paying BT as the service is not up to standards. So BT thanks for nothing so stupid. As these termination requests are dark magic with no real fix. I bet if people actually posted more about it on here and are more vocal they would do something.

Dont feel threatend or get bullied. Collect evidence screenshot everything and put BT in their place. Without us they wouldnt have monolopy. I was stupid to waste my time on here!!!!!
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 48 of 148

Hi MarkG33,

I'm only after coming across you're thread today and I'm sorry we haven't offered help earlier. I'll be happy to look at this for you and make sure the technical helpdesk have covered all bases.  If you click on my user name you will see a 'contact the mods' link to send in your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 148

I'm sure I saw something on BT's website not that long ago stating that the HomeHub was covered while paying for the service (ie internet), but i can't find it at the moment so will keep looking

If they are still wishing to charge you an upgrade, have you actually thought about getting a router through a 3rd party which gives you better management than the HomeHubs

0 Ratings
arcticlemon
Beginner
Message 50 of 148

I don't see why he should have to pay for a new router or a 3rd party router. 

Tell the guy on the other end in india that the router keeps reseting when you try to connect to any games. any time you try to download it resets the router. go through their trouble shoot and you should get a replacement sent.

I see no reason to HAVE to buy a 3rd party router, the Home Hub is recommended for use with BT Infinity and should be supplied to work as intended.

0 Ratings