cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Terrible Connection Speeds

Are there any known issues within the EN3 postcode area in North London, ive checked the service status website and there is nothing.

My speeds are terrible, I am getting LESS than 2mb in some cases

I work in IT, so I have done the usual. Restarted machine, router, tested with network cable etc but still terrible. Im already disapointed with the speed I normally get anyway from BT and coupled with the constant disconnections this is just another reason to move to Virgin.

On BT Speed Tester (Beta) I get 

DL 2.26

UL 0,01

PING 93.38

On speedtest.net I get

DL 1.16

UL 4.46

PING 16ms

There has to be somethinge seriously wrong here.

I have an iMac i5, with Lion using wireless connection. I have tested with a network cable and results are very similar.

Obviously there is no one at BT now who I can, but is or has anyone had such terrible speeds. This is awful, really considering leaving BT.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Terrible Connection Speeds

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

To enable forum members to help you, could you look at "ADSL speed and connection issues" on the the web page below, which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.
When you have done that, please follow the instructions at the end of that section, and post the results here, so members can offer advice. Thank you.

0 Ratings