cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 25

Re: Terrible Terrible customer service experience, please help!

So I'm now posting mostly for my own records. Robbie rang me on Saturday afternoon to confirm what I already knew...my fibre optic broadband was not going to be activated when it was promised AGAIN. Robbie must've been dealing with the same people I've been dealing with for the last 2 months and it seems that he was lied to just the same as I have been repeatedly lied to over and over again. Now my broadband is DEFINITELY going to be activated on Tuesday, I'm promised again that its going to be done on Tuesday. Over 2 months since I ordered it, over a month since it was first supposed to be activated and I have another persons guarantee AGAIN that there will be no more errors...I'll believe it when it happens. So now I had to cancel my plans for inviting friends over to watch the football at the weekend on my BT Sports package and the UFC on Saturday night and I have Ofsted in today, but have had no opportunity to do any work because my internet is somehow still not connected.

To rub salt into the wounds, I received a bill today from BT...for £145.09, apparently £130 of which was an installation charge which if you recall I was PROMISED that I wouldnt have to pay because it was BT's fault that they had to install a new line, which I was GURANTEED would be either waived, or credited to my account so it would never be an issue. More lies from BT. More money for services that I have not received, or should never have had to receive in the first place. You'd think someone somewhere along the line would've had the common sense to say that this man has suffered enough disrespected, frustration and uselessness from BT over the past 2 months, lets make sure that the waiver has been put on the account so that he doesnt then receive a whopping bill on top of this pathetic service.

If you come to these forums looking to see whether or not its worthwhile changing to BT, from my experience, please dont. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 22 of 25

My God what a frustrating experience... Please tell me you got connected on Tuesday?!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 25

You better of been compensated. Seriously, if you haven't please message me.

My experience is messed up, yours is inexcusable!!!
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 25

I finally got connected on the Tuesday and Robbie from this forum is working on resolving the rest of the problems (I still got charged the £130 line installation despite being told that I wouldnt be and the £40 Next voucher and £125 Mastercard needless to say did not go through), then he has said we will talk about compensation. When thats all done I'll update here, but for now at least I have internet and someone who calls me when they say they will and is trying to help.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 25

As it transpires I DID get charged the £145.09, so will be waiting to have that reimbursed too. I think Robbie put it in as a credit on my account, but obviously I dont want to be waiting the next 3 or 4 months worth of bills to get that back that way.

0 Ratings