cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Terrible Wi Fi and pathetic customer service

Today saw the very dissapointing "resolving" of a complaint I made to BT on the 19/10/16.  I signed up to BT October of last year after moving to a new house deciding to take up broadband and BT TV, I was initally told that Infinity was not in my area so had to have regular broadband. However after a discusion with my neighbour I found out that he had infinity, after a call to BT i was instructed that I could have infinity and they would happily upgrade me for the small sum of £100!!!

Shortly after moving into our new home we removed the ivy on the outside of the property, we discovered that the phone line coming into the property had at some time been cut and tped up by the previous owners. Everything with the phone and Broadband was working fine at the time, this did not last. Withing a month of being in the home the newly installed infinity kept dropping out, after the standard week of communicating with customer service in the other side of the world an engineer appeared at my door and replaced the router. Despite being told about the wire outside and how i felt this was an issue he did not agree, replaced the hub and went on his way leaving the internet working for a couple of months. Over the next year I have had four similar drop outs of service and four visits by engineers, only on the last attendence did they replace the external wire, since then i have had the most stable connection experienced in my year of subscription.

Being fed up of the poor level of service I recieved over the year and the overall poor quality of Wi Fi service I complained to BT. My Wi Fi connection is very slow even within close proximity (direct contradiction the current TV advert claiming distances of over 150 meters with infinity), if I move upstairs I almost lose the connection completley. Customer service state that this is unfortunate but they cannot do anything about it as this is how Wi Fi functions at times?? Strange considering my neighbour (the same one from earlier) replaced his Hub 5 with a netgear hub and has excellent Wifi?.

Over the past month trying to resovle my complaint I have spoken to around 8 - 12 employees from your customer service center on the other side of the world (only one of which had actually read my complaint) I recieved £17 credit on my account!

Wht did I have to talk to that many different people? Why are they lying about my Wi Fi and do you realy feel £17 is good enough for a year of poor service? BT you really are one in a million, I am amaized at how you can consistantly deliver poor service to so many people in the UK yet manage to stay in business!

Anywho I am in full ranting mode now so will stop before my wife shouts at me! I just feel so annoyed by the experience I have had with BT and dont really know where to turn. Is it worth contacting the Ombasman?

Your faithfully

A very, very dissatisfied BT customer

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Terrible Wi Fi and pathetic customer service

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Terrible Wi Fi and pathetic customer service

Hi @DBQ83 Sorry your are not happy with the level of compensation you have received.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings