cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Terrible on boarding service for new customer!

I am new to BT. Background: I cancelled my TV and BB package with Virgin to move across to BT after being told that both Infinity and TV entertainment packages would be available to me. This was back at the end of February when I orginally placed my order. I proceeded with my order. Fast forward to today and countless calls to BT later and I am still without said package that was sold to me 4 months ago!

I contacted your contact centre who said that I would need to wait up to a month for the services that I had ordered. Not particularly happy with that response, where I am now on a worse package than I was with Virgin (following this whole experience I wish I had never changed.) I then suggested to the agent that why don't they put me on to a BB package until Infinity and the TV went live. Where expectations were set at a month. A month went by without the orginal package I had ordered. Whilst also receiving emails to say that I would be charged for over usage on my BB. (This wouldn't be the case if the product that I thought I had purchased and sold was delivered to me).

Another few calls later and the operator agreed I would not be charged extra. Fast forward to May, another call to BT to find out where my infinity and TV package is. Again another email to say I would also be charged for over usage. This time the operator said my orginal package that was ordered at the end of Feb will be live on the 27th May! Great I thought only 3 months in!

However guess what, I am still waiting!

22/2 orginal order went through 10th June and I am still waiting. Whilst also being told every month that I will be charged for over usage on my broadband. With promises of products going live which then don't materialise.

I would have thought BT would want to delight their customers after transferring from a competitor, how wrong am I! An appalling service and on boarding experience where I am now resulting in contacting you via the forum to get a straight and valid answer! I would like a call or email from someone regarding my case with a suitable resolution!

I didn't think it would be so difficult in a digital modern world to simply transfer a provider, but clearly the simple things can't be done right!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Terrible on boarding service for new customer!

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

moderator advised of this posters problem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Hi JonC1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum!

Sorry that you haven't been set up on the package you originally signed up for.  I agree with your comments, it shouldn't be this difficult to get you set up.

Send over your details and I'll check what's causing the hold up.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Robbie. Done as requested.
0 Ratings