cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmrozek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Tested your line and you don't need an engineer! BT Infinity - Engineer Appointment Cancelled...

Order number is **********! Unlimited Broadband with BT Infinity 2

I have cancelled my sky broadband (25th April 2016 - > go live) because you promise me, that you will install the BT socket at my house for free if I will take the BT Infinity 2. Yesterday, BT cancelled my Openreach engineer appointment!!!

We have tested your line and you don't need an engineer

We have found that there is already a working line at your address so you don't need to wait in for an engineer to set up your phone service. Just plug in your phone on the day of activation. We need to make some changes in out network so it may take up to midnight for your line to start. If you need more help, please contact us.

I would like to confirm that your engineer will arrive on 6 May between 8 am and 1 pm at my house and will install the BT socket and it's free of charge. It is a new house.

Please find the place for the BT socket on the photo.

BTSocketLine.jpg

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Tested your line and you don't need an engineer! BT Infinity - Engineer Appointment Cancelled...

if you already had sky broadband then you must have an active phone line and openreach phone socket.  infinity whether 1 or 2 will work by just connecting a filter to the NTE5 master and then conencting the hub - plug and play.

most infinity install are self install especially if you previously had broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DanielS
Message 3 of 14

Re: Tested your line and you don't need an engineer! BT Infinity - Engineer Appointment Cancelled...

Hi @pmrozek,

This is a Customer to Customer forum so you would be speaking with other Customers asking for help.

For any issues with your order, contact the order live chat team. Their link is below:

Order chat team

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
pmrozek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

This is the brand new house and doesn't have a phone line. I need the NTE5 master socket.

Thank you anyway imjolly;)

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Most new houses have a socket fitted by the builders. Are you sure there is not one anywhere in the house, usually in the hall?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Presumably you had Sky at a different address. This is not clear from your original post.

0 Ratings
pmrozek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Keith_Beddoe: you are right. The NTL5 socket should be in my hall. There is only box for the BT socket as you seen on the photo.

0 Ratings
pmrozek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Yes, I had sky at the different address.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

@pmrozek wrote:

Keith_Beddoe: you are right. The NTL5 socket should be in my hall. There is only box for the BT socket as you seen on the photo.

It that just a blank plate without anywhere to plug in a phone? If that is the case, then the line test should have failed as it would not have detected the components in the NTE.

Unless of course, its wired to the wrong house Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
pmrozek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Re: Keith_Beddoe:. Yes, it is just the blank plate. I found the plate in my daughter room. It could be the NTE master socket. My wife does not want to have the router in my daughter room. The BT engineer needs to install the new socket in the hall.MyDaughterRoom.jpg

0 Ratings