cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Text messages come through as voice mails

Go to solution

Our recent calling plan came to an end and we renewed it but a fortnight later are still having problems getting it back to where it was. Text messages used to come through fine as text messages on our text-enabled phones, but now come through as voice messages, annoyingly. BT tell me this is because we are on an 'add-on' upgraded package (Anytime plan) rather than on the Anytime plan itself. Anyone come across this???

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Text messages come through as voice mails

Go to solution

This may help

If you don't want to get BT Text messages on your home phone, call the automated BT Text Options service on 0800 587 5252. You can control the "curfew time", or turn off messages altogether from the Curfew menu.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

I do want to receive text messages, but not as a message read to me in a phone call, as in voice mail. I'd like to receive it as a text message, which we used to do on the same home phone, before our Anytime plan expired.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

You may have to re-register the Text phone you have (check user instructions) also if you do not have the caller display service (dial *#234# to check) the text will be delivered as a voicetext.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks, Dave. What do you mean by reregistering the text phone - do you mean with BT, and if so how? The text phone received texts fine before my contract for the Anytime plan with BT expired, but since renewal (on the same plan) I've had so many problems with BT giving me the same service as I had before. We do have caller display - another problem with BT that eventually got sorted. I'm hoping this will be the last problem. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I seem to remember you have to do something like sending a message in text of "register" to 0000 (maybe 5 zeros)

If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Do you mean send a text saying 'register' to 0000? We never did that in the past but received text messages on our phone for 12 months. I've written to BT to complain/ask about this but haven't had any response so far.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Hi, just checked. here are the details. BT Text 

If BT have re arranged your account it would be best to re-register in case it has been deleted from your account.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Dave - that seems to have done the trick! I don't think we did that the last time, but there you are. And the BT operator told me it was because we weren't on a contract! Thanks very much for your help and patience.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

I have had the same problem as this. Was receiving text messages fine until a week ago and then they stopped. Spent 2+ hours on the phone to BT yesterday who eventually promised that by putting me back onto the free 1571 plan, text would start to work again. It hasn't. Tried sending the reset message but nothing. Checked the service numbers and they seem fine.

So how do I get this sorted. Difficult to find anyone at BT who knows what I am talking about.

0 Ratings