Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Text messages

Go to solution

Is it possible to get a quad cordless phone set that will let you receive text messages as "text messages" and not voice text?.

I have had no luck at all trying to find a BT phone that will provide this service.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Text messages

Go to solution

See following link for your requisite.

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-synergy-6500-quad-cordless-phone-with-answer-machine-73LQ.html?sr...

Click description for information on texts

Patty-L

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Are you sure that this phone  : BT Synergy 6500 Quad Cordless Phone With Answer Machine will show text messages as they would on a mobile phone?  I am just checking before I order one.

Thank you for the reply.

Regards

Graham.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi again Graham, 

According to the instructions -  provided you have caller display activated it will show them. below taken from previous link I gave you.

• Text messaging with 50 text memory

The BT Synergy 6500 can send and receive text messages from participating mobile networks and compatible landline telephones in the UK.

You must subscribe to your Network Provider's Caller Display service so that you can use text messaging and you must not withhold your telephone number. A quarterly fee may be payable, please contact your network provider for more details.

If you do not have caller display let us know  we can advise you if your phone calls & line are with BT.

Patty-L

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
You will need to register by sending
a text saying 'register' to 00000
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for your help I have now ordered the phone in question.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,

I bought a set of 5 BT cordless to replace Panasonic quad system that was 13 years old.  Luckily they were bought locally and  it was possible to get my money back.  I then got panasonic set on line and am very pleased.  First attempt, with BT, proved to be a false economy!

I am getting deafer with age and can only use handsfree and the BT phone was rubbish for that!  I have a cheap mobile, with pay as you go, to use in emergencies or on hospital or other medical trips - I am also pretty well house bound so depend on phone line!

I have now discovered that I can get text messages and have managed to work out how to send back.  Only no idea of costs so have spent an hour + going around in circles on the BT site trying to find out...and each new tab opened wants me to complete a customer satisfaction survey!!

Now I have verified being part of this community I need to find the right thread to pose my question!

Hope your new phones are ok!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

See on  the following link about free texts with calling plans.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/landline/calling-features

make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page to view.

0 Ratings