cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saveloy
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Text to Landline - Can it be permanently stopped?

Hi, all help much appreciated;

We have been receiving random text messages to our landline that we wish to bar. We suspect this is a practical joke or kids/something similar but the messages are unwanted and appear to change from which phone they are sent meaning we struggle with choose-to-refuse service.

We have tried "BT Text Help" on 08005875252 and have been able to set timed restriction and opt-out etc, yet still receive them. Looking online I've also seen suggestions that not all mobile operators can prevent messages being sent even if opted out? We are further confused and just wish to completely stop the problem. Please help!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 9

Re: Text to Landline - Can it be permanently stopped?

Hi Saveloy,

Welcome to the forum.

I had a word with the BT Text helpdesk who gave me the following instructions to disable this feature (this will work if you have the “Text to Speech” feature), let me know if you’ve already tried this.

You need to:
- Dial 08005875252;
- Select Option 1;
- Select * (star button) twice;
- Selection Option 1;
- And finally Option 5.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
caerdydd
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

T Mobile and Virgin have their own platform for the delivery of messages so you will need to dial 07953 966 066  to opt out of their service.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Saveloy
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

These look like they could well be the answers we've been waiting for. It pays to be in the know Robot tongue

Lets give it a go and see what happens.

Cheers for now

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I too have been recieving these annoying text to speech message calls, all from the same number and always the same message. They come through at the same time to my wife's mobile too... Each being an indentical message???

I've followed the instructions by dialing the 0800 number below and have managed to get what I wanted. However, recently they've started up again?????
When I ring said number to 'change' I'm informed that I've already selected to 'not recieve these' and yet they're still coming through!!!!

When it first started, I spoke to a human being who, once he established I wasn't a BT customer, didn't want to know!!!

But as it's YOUR service, I feel you have some responsibility to let us know how to permantly stop these nuisance calls!!!

Where do I go from here.... would somebody PLEASE help me!!!!

btw, the message says. "Keep this message from Cole & Trevor n Cole...Three million and eight billion....... and so on

It's driving us insain!!!!!

Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@watch-the-birdie wrote:

When it first started, I spoke to a human being who, once he established I wasn't a BT customer, didn't want to know!!!

Thank you

You need to contact your own service provider and see if they can help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Yep, done that and because it's a BT service, their shoulders slope, (not interested), and say to go back to BT????????????

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Does your service provider offer anything similar to BTs Choose To Refuse service, which allows you to block up to 10 incoming numbers?

If so, then you could simply block the number.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I have approached T Mobile, but as yet, not had a response.
Two things I don't understand: -

1 Why do both my wife's mobile and our landline receive simultanious calls?

2 If I've elected not to receive this service, why are they still coming through?

Confused.com (oh, and 'Slightly miffed' too)!

Trevor

0 Ratings