cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Texting a mobile that's on holiday not working

My parents are on holiday at the moment in Cape Verde (lucky them!) and their mobile is with Orange.

My mobile is with BT Mobile and when I send them a text they are not receiving it (I've tried 5 times). However, another of my relatives is able to send them texts, but they are not with BT.

Is there an issue sending texts abroad from BT?

Thanks, 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Texting a mobile that's on holiday not working

@DaftPunk I'm really sorry about that, I'm not aware of any issues at the moment preventing you texting a mobile that's abroad and would recommend you report that to the mobile faults team on this link.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, I followed that link and got to an online chat service...

They were polite and courteous but we spent 60 minutes going round in circles, without actually resolving anything. I got passed up to the initial person's supervisor who then got me to text my parents number with the international dialling code for Cape Verde infront (+238) but that made no difference.

He left the conversation before confirming that my parents had received my text, which I knew they wouldn't because I've sent them 5 texts already this week and they ddn't receive them either.

So back to square one, i.e. they are not receiving my texts, but they are receiving texts from other people.

They come back on Saturday, so I think I will just leave it...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@DaftPunk Sorry about that, I don't think adding the country code is relevant if your contacting a UK mobile number that's abroad.  I appreciate they're going to be back in a couple of days but think it would be worth getting this looked into further to see if there is a problem with the network stopping the texts going through.

If you use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details we'll find someone in the mobile team to take a closer look. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Neil, I have submitted the form.

If there is an issue, hopefully fixing it will help someone else...

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @DaftPunk,

Thanks for taking my call yesterday. Following our discussion I have raised this to the product support guys and as soon as I get anything I'll post back.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings