cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Thanks BT just wiped my whole HDD...

My BT YV+ box had another maintenance mode menu. Normally I've chose first option, software reset, and it just then restarts and all my recordings and scheduled are there.

Today another one, did the same, booted up, this time seemed to do a tune for channels, came on and wow everything is deleted on "My TV" and no scheduled.... Great thanks a lot. Now what...?...

Is there any way to get the recordings back or am I now snookered?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thanks BT just wiped my whole HDD...

From your earlier thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Replacement-BT-Ultra-box/m-p/1769091

i assume this box box is the original one that you are attempting to watch old recordings off rather that the new replacement that BT provided.

If your recordings are not listed then sadly they are not available. you could I guess try another maintenance mode reset option 4 to see if after that they reappear but I would not hold out much hope.

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

No haven't plugged in new one yet as was hoping to watch all recorded programme first....

I'll try the 4th option down but don't hold much hope. Is the first option (software reset (recommended), is this supposed to keep the recordings?

Which is the newest remote out of interest. My original has a blue you view button, the new box has a blue house picture.

Thanks

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Well nope all gone....
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

It was a a very long shot ... 

as for remote I would guess the one with the house is the latest as that is the one described in the user guide for the next gen (new look) Youview interface. Use the one that you feel most comfortable with.

the house symbol is I guess is to signify the home location  .. same effect as the Youview button

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Well brand new box, and in 2 weeks it's crashed/locked up twice already. Solid blue light on front, no response from remote or buttons on unit.

Had to power off on switch on back of unit....
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Look on the bright side, you now have loads of free space on your disk !

I've done a 'reset keep recordings' on my UHD box 2 or 3 times now and not lost recordings. I thought I'd pressed the wrong option last time I did it so a few anxious moments !

0 Ratings