cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisii2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Thanks a lot BT!!

Thanks for disconnecting my mums phoneline aswell as internet because she cant affford to pay your rip off prices.I mean 22p for a 14 sec call thats a joke!! and well thanks to you i cant call my mum and she cant call me so what happens if theres an emergency if either me or her is taken ill or rushed to hospital.Well done also for threatening court action and the debt collection agency,its not like shes been through the loss of my dad or illnesses without you lot making her ill.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Thanks a lot BT!!

Sorry to hear about the awful situation you're in mate.

I'm not trying to wind you up with this post but just want to get a few things straight.

Are the bills more than you think? Ultimately the account holder is responsible for the bills. If you can't make payments if you let BT know they'll often sort out some sort of payment plan.

You also get quite a few notifications before any kind of actions are taking against incoming or outgoing calls.

Have you spoken to anyone in the billing team about it?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
chrisii2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

The bill is In the hundreds hasn't Been paid since last year due to lack of money and benefits being stopped for no reason
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Again, without wanting to sound rude.

If there's a bill that hasn't been paid for a year, it's not unreasonable to have your services suspended. If you took any other service and didn't pay for 9 months, service would have been stopped long before now mate.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
chrisii2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

I understand that but cutting the phone so people can't ring the person is bad espc like I said incase of family emergencies
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 17

I too sympathise but as Webby said you can't expect to continue to receive a service that you don't pay for.

Have you thought about a basic mobile phone? You can get one on a cheap Pay As You Go tariff for about a tenner from a couple of supermarkets. No advertising allowed here so I'm sending you a Private Message. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
chrisii2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Unforunately my mum isn't really u there with technology
0 Ratings
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 17

It may be too late now but could you not have  signed up  for this  http://www.bt.com/includingyou/other-products-services-bt-basic.html?s_cid=con_FURL_btbasic.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

@chrisii2012 wrote:
I understand that but cutting the phone so people can't ring the person is bad espc like I said incase of family emergencies

So you're expecting a service for free?

Sorry mate while I sympathise with the situation, I can't understand how you're angry at a service being cut off for non payment.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 17

I agree with Webby - you are losing sympathy.

You say that the lack of a phone is the major problem. I suggested a reasonable alternative and you dismissed it because your mother is not up with technology. Please get real; using a simple mobile phone is no more difficult than running up a huge bill with broadband.

Benefits are not stopped without reason. It's not a matter for these forums but, as someone who was professionally involved with state benefits for many years, I can take this opportunity to advise you that termination of any benefit is virtually certain to carry the right of appeal.

Do you actually want something out of this, or are you just going along the modern trend of blaming everyone else?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.