Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chrisii2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Thanks a lot BT!!

It's not my fault my mum doesn't know mobiles I've tried suggesting them but she still doesn't undertaand. And as for benefits, lots of people are loosing ESA because of new govennent rules
gizt107
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

I'd go to a wefare benefits advisor or CAB. They'll help your mum negotiate an affordable repayment deal (probably just a few pounds a week). Once this is set up she should be able to set up a more affordable contract, possibly with another provider.

Telephones are life lines for older people and while BT should get some of the money that's owed them, your mum should alo be able to have a phoneline.

Most of the other contributors on here are a bit callous - thankfully the courts tend to be a bit more compassionate and BT know this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 17

@gizt107 wrote:

I'd go to a wefare benefits advisor or CAB. They'll help your mum negotiate an affordable repayment deal (probably just a few pounds a week). Once this is set up she should be able to set up a more affordable contract, possibly with another provider.

Telephones are life lines for older people and while BT should get some of the money that's owed them, your mum should alo be able to have a phoneline.

Most of the other contributors on here are a bit callous - thankfully the courts tend to be a bit more compassionate and BT know this.

You need to wipe the cobwebs from your eyes and read before you criticise, but that's not your way is it? There were three suggestions made here, all with no motive but to be helpful. The OP had sympathy until it became clear that they were not interested in practical advice, just a rail at the lack of a free telephone service. Hopefully your suggestion to seek professional help will be better received, but I expect it will go the same way as the rest. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
gizt107
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Hi pottyperson - this is starting to feel personal!

I had read the whole post and agree that they can't expect a free service - that's why I'm suggesting a repayment plan to BT. However if this guy says his elderly mom isn't up to mastering a mmobile I have to accept that. I'm sure his main interest is ensuring she and he have a way to contact each other and emergency services if needed. If you ever tire of the BT forums teh conservative party may be looking for a new policy advisor and I think you'd be great. All the best,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

gitz107

This is a friendly and constructive forum can we please keep it that way
0 Ratings
gizt107
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Hi John - I was trying to give friendly and constructive advice to chrissie. Pottymouth seemed to take exception to this. 

I've only been reading his stuff for the last few days but he doess seem a bit right wing - I can see you two go back a lot further; perhaps you have a different view.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Hi Guys,

I’m locking this thread as I think the OP has been offered as much advice as possible. Can we please keep it friendly on the forum.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings