cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Thanks for the 3 days of brilliant internet connection

So 3 days ago i launched Bf1 and got playing,i was amazed at how brillaint my hit reg and just general play was, i thought bravo DICE you have finally solved the connedtion issues, anyway i then saw a post on a forum about BT giving infinity 1 customers a free boost, so i checked my connection 60 Down 11 up and a beautiful 11ms ping.

I used to have 50/9 and 26ms ping

I was really happy ,couldnt praise BT enough , finally a gaming connection i was happy with , and everything else was working fine and great as well. watched a load of netflix without a single stutter, downloaded updates without a hitch, my catchup services on the TV were working perfectly.

About 30 minutes ago my router restarted and i just knew it was that stupid Line management rubbish, i tested and i am now back to 50/9 and 23ms ping 

Why  ? ?

Dont tell me my connection couldnt handle it or there were too many faults or anything along those lines as my connection has been better than it ever ever was.

There is only one person who knows how well my real life internet connection is doing and thats me , and it has never been better until about 30 minutes ago.

Well this is it for me anyway , i was so happy with that much much lower ping and speeds that i am going to change provders and get myself FTTP with virgin

And pelase do not tell me that i couldnt tell the difference between 26ms and 11ms ping becuase i can, its a huge diffrence.

Thanks BT for the 3 days of connection i should be getting permenantly 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thanks for the 3 days of brilliant internet connection

Please post your full Router Stats. For a Home Hub see on here: Broadband Top Tips . Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

I've seen the Openreach guys out there fitting new thick cable to the line and stuff , and i know that Swansea is havig the trial for G-fast  , will i benefit from this  ?

Thanks for the reply 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

You are getting 53/11 Meg, well above the estimates for your line.

Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Yes wonderful , and i have been having 60/11 and 11 ms ping for the last 3 days with no issues whatsoever.

Why am i being put back down to this now  ? when its clear to me that i can have 60/11 

And is this the start of G-Fast  ? ?

https://imgur.com/a/xkCMo

0 Ratings