cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveEnglishRugby
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

The Ashes Highlights - wrong start time in EPG

Today 09:00 am BT sport 1 HD “the Ashes” first half hour of the programme was Rugby – then after the first set of adverts it changed to the cricket

At 10:30  as I typed this posting in the EPG changed to show rugby at 9 – 9:30 and the ashes at 9:30  -  11:00

But my recording stopped at 10:30 – luckily I was able to manually set the recording going again -

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: The Ashes Highlights - wrong start time in EPG

I had set the programme following to be recorded but that was dropped. Never mind, I can watch the rest using the app. <Bzzz!> Wrong! Although the live coverage is available on catch up and the short ten minutes highlights is there the full highlights show is not. BT Fail! 😞

Remind me again why we can trust the broadcaster to always get it right so do not need padding and fixed time recordings?  Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
DaveEnglishRugby
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Same result, but could the EPG have been right and somehow BT transmitted the wrong programme – The rest of the daily highlights are on at 9:00.

AR is the industry hailed technical solution, however BT are investigating their own  BT proposed solution. It would  be interesting if BT issued a statement as to whether their proposed solution would have handle this problem. Any chance of that?

Dependant on  what they transmitted at 10:30 when they extending the EPG,  AR should have handled both scenarios  (EPG wrong / wrong programme transmitted)

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

I've now cancelled the recording and will be using the on demand highlights instead. At least I'll know I'll be able to view the whole show, and ad free as well.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

These extended highlights for days 1 and 2 have only appeared recently on the app (were not there yesterday evening) so good luck with being able to access those in timely fashion.

I can understand the late change to the programming for day 1 given the rain delay and play going on late but as was said if they had been using AR then it would not have mattered.  Simply changing the EPG info which may not be picked up by the Youview box until *after* the recording has started (and thus the change ignored) does not work, has never worked, and I am surprised that they have not yet realised this.

Edit:  Day 3 already there so looks like this has been a teething problem they have now sorted out.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Im using a Youview box and the highlights are posted pretty quickly.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Yeh, today's extended highlights up around the same time as the original broadcast so looks like them being very late for days 1 and 2 was just a teething problem hiccup.
0 Ratings