cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 41

Re: The BT Home Hub 5 MAC filtering doesn't do its job properly at all.

Go to solution
I would love to believe what you have said but then why I can't delete-block an unwelcomed intruders to my router by anyway? By other word the MAC filtering doesn't work...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 41

Go to solution

If you don't want anybody using your BTWifi, just buy a third party router, it doesn't transmit it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 41

Go to solution

@donecek wrote:
I would love to believe what you have said but then why I can't delete-block an unwelcomed intruders to my router by anyway? By other word the MAC filtering doesn't work...

If you do not want to belive what people are telling you then there is no point in continuing with the thread you have been given advice and help it is your choice if you accept it i cannot see what  anyone can do to help you futher 

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 41

Go to solution
Now, after I have opted out of the BT Wifi, it does show on my router that it has been disabled but despite of this fact new intruders are still using my router, probably for the BT Wifi system...I'm very angry to BT company just now and if BT will not stop such annoying behaviour to his customers I will stop paying for that dodgy sneaky service...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 41

Go to solution

if you have a wifi device can you still see the BTWIFI network being broadcast from your hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 41

Go to solution

Yes, I can see on the router that the BT Wifi is disable but also I can see that a new intruders are using my router and I don't have even little chance to delete them or stop them to use my router...  

I don't know what tricks the BT company are using but unless I will see somebody on my router and having none power to eradicate them from my router so I will taking this as an attack on my customer's rights...This is a serious issue and unless the BT company will not stop such behaviour to customers I will continue to fight against this... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 41

Go to solution

What evidence do you have that others are using your connection?

What IP address are they being allocated?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 41

Go to solution

Come on man...do you think I'm so stupid that if I can see on my router somebody I didn't give him any access to my router and despite it shows as a connected in that it's there just by chance? And when I delete this intruder so within a second it's back again so that actually I don't have full control of my router but somebody else has too...It's completely not acceptable for me...  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 41

Go to solution

If you are so obsessed with this, just buy a third party router and then it won't transmit BT wifi so nobody will be able to connect to it. Simple.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 41

Go to solution

@donecek wrote:

Come on man...do you think I'm so stupid that if I can see on my router somebody I didn't give him any access to my router and despite it shows as a connected in that it's there just by chance? And when I delete this intruder so within a second it's back again so that actually I don't have full control of my router but somebody else has too...It's completely not acceptable for me...  

If it is connecting so rapidly after you have deleted the "intruder" are you sure it is not a device that is on your network such as an Internet connected TV, Bluray player, Power line adaptor, Ethernet switch, etc.

0 Ratings