cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 41

Re: The BT Home Hub 5 MAC filtering doesn't do its job properly at all.

Go to solution
Look, I'm giving Internet connection to about 12 people already and I'm not willing to feed an another spongers for nothing...so please you wouldn't call me being obsessed if only what I'm doing just now that I do try to secure my router against an uncontrolled intruders... am I wrong?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 41

Go to solution

Definitely not, because of I have got a list of MAC adressses who can use my router and I do check properly every MAC address appeared on my router.... there is nothing but Internet connection on my router...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 41

Go to solution

Any device that connects to the Internet via your router has a MAC address. What devices do you have connected.?

Are the devices that you believe to be "intruders" connected by wireless or wired?

I may be wrong but as far as I know you would not be able to tell the MAC addresses of people connecting to BTWIfi and as such you would not be able to block the MAC addresses.

If I am correct it would mean that the  "unauthorised" people using your Homehub are on your network and not the BTWifi network. This means that either your wireless passkey has been hacked, unlikely but not impossible, or you have given it out to somebody who is now using it

If that is the case you should change the wireless passkey to the Homehub and this would stop anybody using your network without knowing the new wireless passkey. See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10360/~/how-do-i-change-between-wep-and-wpa-on-the-bt...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 34 of 41

Go to solution

Sadly you think that I don't know anything about router....but it's your a big mistake...and above all by your writing it doesn't looks like you have ever got to use the BT Home 5 router...

I have got a MAC address list of my users and anything else what is appearing on my router is an uncontrolled intruder....to whom I can't block them via the BT access point etc. (perhaps we can call it a MAC filtering...?)

What kind of MAC filtering system BT company has been using on the BT Home 5 router that I can't block a chosen person at all?

I would like to advice all the users who opted out of the BT Wifi do properly check on the router the Home Network all the time you switch on the Internet...

Me personaly I will not let it be until BT company will up date its software to stop such sneaky behaviour...   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 41

Go to solution

As you apparently know everything about the Homehub 5 I'll leave you to it and you are correct, I wouldn't use a Homehub 5 if I was paid.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 41

Go to solution
total paranoia you have been told many times just use your own router and the problem will go away not everyone is paranoid about the issue you are posting about if they were there would be more posts on the subject
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 37 of 41

Go to solution
Look john46 if you have got a mental problem about been a bit patience and your nerves don't work a calm down way it's not my problem... so please if you wouldn't mind to let your meaningless remarks only for yourself.... Maybe you do stay on the BT company side despite you know that behaviour like this by this company isn't right ...
And only I do in here I want to inform other BT customers about that problem and I want know if somebody else has exactly the same problem like I do....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 38 of 41

Go to solution
Thanks so much for your post...and as I have said previously I will fight back against the BT company to change the unfair software so that only the customer can take full control of its BT Home Hub 5 router...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 39 of 41

Go to solution
It's very easy to check which device has been connected as you will go to the section HOME NETWORK and you can also click on the REFRESH button in there so you will see all the fresh users connections....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 41

Go to solution
Sorry to say but if the user of my router has been using the BT Wifi system I don't have completely any power to block them by any way as it's made up at the router's software like this...unfair behaviour by BT company at all...
0 Ratings