cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 41

Re: The BT Home Hub 5 MAC filtering doesn't do its job properly at all.

Go to solution

@donecek wrote:
Yes, it makes sense but in real use of my router it doesn't work the way as you have said.I'm blocking about 4 intruders to access the Internet but they have done easily access into the Internet despite of my blockage.As I can see at the "Home network- Devices"

Are you sure they are connected or is it just the device list hasn't updated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 41

Go to solution

Also, see what IP address has been allocated to the "intruder". If it begins with a 10, then its a device connecting to BT Wifi, and you cannot block it anyway. I am assuming you are opted into BT Wifi?

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 41

Go to solution

Yes, exactly you are only clever man who said the most true about that problem and which I have found out this a few minutes ago as well...So much thanks that you have had confirmed this...

That clever BT company is using my router and any an intruder by the BT Wifi service has protected access into my router...It does mean that I don't have any chance to delete him from my router.

Just now I have called to BT company to opt-out of this clever system so that in future there gona be none an intruder to whom I can't delete from my router....

The sad thing is that nobody will tell you this...you have to spend a hours yourself to find out the true about that...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 41

Go to solution

There is no connection between your home network, and BT Wifi, as BT Wifi uses a separate virtual LAN, so any "intruder" cannot access your network, it also has  the lowest priority of connection.

See http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/btwifi/btwifimenu.html

If you opt out, then you will be unable to use the free BT Wifi hotspots when you are away from home.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 41

Go to solution

As per BT's Terms and Conditions, which you should have read before signing up to the contract you have with BT, you agreed that your Homehub would be used as a BTWifi hotspot. It is also pointed out in the Terms and Conditions that if you did not want this you could opt out.

See link for Terms& Conditions for BTWifi

http://www.bt.com/static/wa/wifi/pages/info.html

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 41

Go to solution

Thanks so much for your comment...

The problem is solved up.

The BT company has got a very clever service which call BT Wifi and everybody is automatically opted-on this service and must give for free Internet access to all BT customers...

So that I have to pay off monthly 47£ for Internet access and BT company can brag that they are giving for free Internet access everywhere in UK...I don't want to be rude.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 41

Go to solution

you do not have to provide BT WiFi from your hub you can opt out

But remember if you do you cannot use the service your self if away from home

it is your choice personally i find it very useful
also you always have priority over your connection and if you are maxing it out no one can connect to BT WiFi

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 41

Go to solution
you can also just buy your own router and the problem is solved for you
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 41

Go to solution
Yes, but it doesn't say anywhere there that I have'nt got completely any chance to delete or manage my router's access devices...This is not acceptable for me.I have to pay off to BT company every month 47£ so that nobody will brag at expense somebody else...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 41

Go to solution
then why not just buy your own router then you will not have the problem