cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

The BT Infinity install engineer left....and hasn't come back!

Not sure what is happening with my install of BT Infinity or where to go from here!

Install was booked for Wednesday 22nd July. Hub and BT tv box delivered a few days before, everything seemed fine.

Engineer turns up on Wednesday as planned, sits outside for an hour then knocks on the door and says "can't do anything, there is no routing, I have no idea how to proceed". This means nothing to us, so we asked what the issue was. He says there has been a cockup and he now has to leave. He says he might come back in the next couple of days, or he might not. He won't be getting paid, so he can't really say for sure. We should probably wait and see what happens.

4 days later, sitting here wondering what is going on. Tried speaking to BT, they arranged to phone us yesterday. Sat in all day, no one rang.

Does anyone know what this routing issue is or what it may have been that meant he couldn't install? How can I find out how to fix the problem? Not sure wht BT didn't call as arranged, can only presume I'll have to keep ringing and trying to find out.

We are new to BT (switching from Sky) but I have to say this isn't a great start and I'm wondering if I made the right decision and whether to cancel the whole thing.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: The BT Infinity install engineer left....and hasn't come back!

see if mods can find out what is happening with your install  they will post a contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 5/6 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: The BT Infinity install engineer left....and hasn't come back!

Hi Thumbhead,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the delay connecting your services.  I understand what the issue is and can help get you up and running from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings