cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SA_2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

The Most Unreliable Broadband Ever!!!

I have bought BT infinity in the beginning of July 2012. It took me few days to get it installed and guess what, it started giving me problems from the very first day. It disconnects like 20 times an hour and I am so sick of restarting the modem and hub every 5 minutes. Have already replaced the hub once...but still having problems...

Its been 2 and a half months since I bought this package and have spent tens of hours talking to BT customer service who I guess love to pass your call around to millions of first level or second level and then higher level bla bla teams and they all ask millions of questions and then eventually solve nothing. The last call I made to BT broadband customer service, it took me about 35 minutes to  get to the right person and quess what that person said................I need to call a different number to book an engineer.... what a waste of time and money. .... When i was buying this service i called BT and everything was done by just one customer advisor and ... now i have to call ten different people to sort one thing out and yet nothing has solved... this is BAD BT... (all i want is a working phoneline and fast reliable broadband).

I did monitor the connection speed for few days and would you believe that most of the time I am getting just:

0.6 MB download ( not even one MB ) and 
1.3 MB upload .

A simple low quality youtube video takes couple of minutes to buffer and then stops half way through ... I am so angry about this... 

I don't think I have ever seen the speed going above 30 ... and when there are three laptops or phones on ... the speed becomes really frustrating... 

I don't know what to do ... customer service hasn't been really helpful... the engineer can only come during office hours... means I need to take half day off work and loose money to wait for engineer ...  why can't they make it over the weekend..?

I think the TV advert is so misleading... and I think I am going to make a formal compaint about this whole deal. The speed they promised, I am not even getting a third of it and most of the time I end up just restarting the hub and the white box  etc... 

I use to have BE There Internet... was paying almost nothing as compare to what I am paying for BT Infinity ( the supper unrealiable connection). BE there was never disconnected, I use to reset it once a month which wasn't even necessary.

A very angry customer... :@:@:@ who is trying to get these issues sorted ... 

Will write again about the progress...

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: The Most Unreliable Broadband Ever!!!

the phone and broadband share the same cable and as the phone isnt working its no surprise the broadband isnt working either
you need to get the phone fixed
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

Hi you need to call BT Faults on 151 and get the voice fault fixing then the infinity service can be reset ,first the constant modem restarting and the line fault are the cause of your low speed as will have driven the IP profile through the floor
As to the length Of Phone calls it is 1 Hour before you are charged the two calls a month are made very clear in the terms and conditions
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 16

If the guy reports a voice fault and a phone related fault is raised, then the engineer who turns up is under no obligation to reset the broadband.

0 Ratings
verkosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

But fixing the fault on the line should make the disconnections stop and DLM will then see a stable line and improve speeds.
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 16

@verkosh wrote:
But fixing the fault on the line should make the disconnections stop and DLM will then see a stable line and improve speeds.

yes, hopefully.

0 Ratings
SA_2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

... Someone from BT called today...they will be fixing the fault in next three days... I asked the guy that howcome my broadband is still on if the phone isn't working... and he said that the broadband and phone may share the same line but they still work independently and the phone is off not coz of the line but something at the exchange... 

....as some of the replies below suggested that the signal drop would hopefully be fixed after the phone is fixed so I will give it another week and see if it gets sorted...

Thanks for all the replies so far...

SA

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

What has been said is correct a voice line fault can happen and broadband service can continue although at reduced performance all you can do is wait for the fault to be cleared and hope you get an engineer who is also infinity trained who canget your line reset as well
0 Ratings
SA_2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Its been almost 5 months since I am trying to get the broadband low speed and connection dropping ... and have called the bt customer service for like hundred of times but they have not been very helpful. Since yesterday morning, the connection has dropped every five minutes and I am sick of restarting the model / hub etc...have also been monitoring speed which hardly goes above 3mbps download and between 1 and 2 mbps upload. I understand there are so many people on holidays and using internet so speed will not be really great but 2mpbs is a joke.. I am paying for 74mbps and all i am getting is this **bleep**ty speed and frustrating connection...

I was on the phone with one of their customer service agent and guess what he said to me... I said i have been having problems etc and its been going on since I bought this service... and the guy said connection dropping and low speed doesn't qualify as a fault.... that reply really made my blood boil but somehow i managed to calm my self....as a layman, all i know is that I am paying for a service which hasn't been delivered to me properly... so whatever they want to call it fault / someother fancy word but to me its a problem .... 

Bottom line... I really really sick of BT infinity and their customer service agents....There must be a way to stop robbing us...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 16

Sorry about your problems. The main problem is BT is split into two, one BT Retail, which is who you contact and BT Openreach, who you can't contact. As it looks like there is a fault with your line, BT Retail don't see it as a fault because that is dealt with by Openreach.

0 Ratings