cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: The Most Unreliable Broadband Ever!!!

@Ratty2012 wrote:

Sorry about your problems. The main problem is BT is split into two, one BT Retail, which is who you contact and BT Openreach, who you can't contact. As it looks like there is a fault with your line, BT Retail don't see it as a fault because that is dealt with by Openreach.

The issue here is BT retails reluctance to book an openreach engineer. Not because they are split in two. They can run their line tests and look into the line history to see if its been dropping or not just like openreach can.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 16

Their reluctance is due to the fact that BT Retail has to pay Openreach to do so. If they were one then this would not occur

0 Ratings
SA_2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

.... Am I suppose to know about this BT and Openreach relation before buying the service...? I saw an advert on the tele and called them...they never mentioned anything about openreach I think... and all went pretty well throughout the order... its a different story that they messed up with my name and issued the line to someone who use to live here like 10 years ago but I am not too bothered about that as it only takes ten minutes to explain to bt guys that 'its me who bought the connection' whenever I call them for problems like no connection or frustrating speed etc...
so what are you guys saying...? what I am suppose to do ... I have spent hours and hours with them and really sick of calling them... I still have I think 12 more months to go :-S

0 Ratings
hifistud
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 16

tweet @btcare with the issue - that team (effectively the mods here) are extremely good at getting issues like this sorted.

0 Ratings
everon
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

I had all of this with Virgin Media before moving to BT so i know your frustration. Dont let them mess you around.

Keep a record of every phone call you make to your provider, and always ask for a call ref numer or log number so that your discussions can be reffered back to. There is nothing worse than speaking to 50 phone agents who you have to keep repeating the same info to. Ask for appointments made to your address to be sent in written confirmation to you rather than just a vague promise of an action.

Your best bet is to contact the mods on this forum and see how they can help get your connection problems resolved as a matter of first contact. If they cannot or will not give you any help you have the right to take the matter further.

Take a look at the following link: http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/guides/help/broadband-consumer-rights

As a matter of last resort you can take your case to CISAS. http://www.cisas.org.uk/

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 16 of 16

Ha, I remember asking for a reference number on the phone and the guy had no idea what it was. Made me laugh, good luck fixing your problem. I would advise contacting the moderators
Contact here: https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings