cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

The New BT Home Page

Because I am visually impaired I had BT/Yahoo set so that it had a darkish background with white text and just a few news topics of interest to me.

How can I get something like this on the the new BT page please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: The New BT Home Page

Some help with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

You do not have to use the BT home page to access things like e-mail. You could in fact create your own local page on your computer, which has links to pages that you use on a regular basis.

I could probably give you an example if you wish, how about this?

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/information/testpage.html

Is it just e-mail that you are trying to access?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I am sorry but I have not explained myself very well.  

On the BT/Yahoo home page I had a charcoal grey background with a weather box giving the forecast for Rotherham and Segre in France, then three news boxes, one BBC, and finally a table of exchange rates.  That is all I need and want.

For other sites I use Google Chrome which will open all previousely used tabs so it is easy to go from place to place.  Perhaps I should say that my OS is Ubuntu Linux.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

You could replicate this yourself, but it would be a lot of work, especially if you no longer have access to your old Yahoo page.

All I can suggest is thay you sign up for a free Yahoo account, and customise the home page.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 6 of 8

I have not tried any of these, but http://mashable.com/2007/06/29/personalized-homepages/ gives a review of 14 personalized home page makers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thank you both for your replies.  I rely do not think that this is a step forward by BT especially providing no provision for customisation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

@oakridge wrote:

Because I am visually impaired I had BT/Yahoo set so that it had a darkish background with white text and just a few news topics of interest to me.

How can I get something like this on the the new BT page please?

There was a very thorough process of consultation for customers with Sensory Impairment using BT Services [certainly] in the past.  That process semed to falter with the "New look BT Vision" and now with the "BT Home Page" with the sort of outcome you describe for many customers with both visual and hearing impairment. 

I cant for one moment see why this should have been the case as the protocols are all there, and so is the experience and so are the precedents.  I can only hope that although the new Home Page presumably had a thorough pre-launch Trial that  even in this Post - launch period there might be room for change.  There certainly should be given that many BT customers are Sensory Impaired.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings