cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ditsum
Contributor
Message 1 of 53

The New BT YouView STB

Does anyone know when the new BT YouView STB (code name G4) will be available as an upgrade for existing customers?

It is advertised on the Argos web page.

0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
Automan
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 53

Re: The New BT YouView STB

I see Argos are on form saying it needs a dish but is Freeview+ 🙂

Also see https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/New-box/td-p/1115980 already on this subject...

Automan.

0 Ratings
bob135
Contributor
Message 3 of 53

My Parents have just received one when signing uo for Infinity 2 and TV entertainment. Its called a BT Humax dtr-T2100

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 53

We need details 🙂 what software version does it have? Is it any faster navigating? Any different features? Cmon cmon lol

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 53

WEll on the BT website

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40460

there is a user manual.

0 Ratings
bob135
Contributor
Message 6 of 53

Sorry no idea what the software number is as its at my parents house ,it is still not activated  for the BT extra channels , but from what i could see its quiet, menus etc... come up fast, Hd  picture quality good .No freezing in I player etc..

I also cant compare to the other versions as they  are new to Youview.

0 Ratings
Dave1895
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 53

Does anyone know if/when BT will make an official announcement about this box?

Seems strange that they have started to supply these boxes completely unheralded.

I'm fairly keen to re-contract (I cancelled BT Youview sub after 12 months) to get a new box if (as is rumoured) it is faster/higher spec (even if it is a slightly ugly looking thing).

However not keen to commit to 12 months based on hear-say.

Anyone know of any stats about the box or dates of announcements?

Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 53

As it is adverised on retail sites and apparently being delivered and they have a user guide on the website I imagine it will be fairly soon.  Maybe they'll wait until their January sale promotion s end.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 53

What feedback from people that have the box..can you point me to the threads as I haven't seen anyone talking about them...thanks.

0 Ratings
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 53

Hi Scointer,

I can't find it myself anymore. I only read the thread this morning but it may have been somewhere else...... I will edit my original post to avoid any further confusion.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings