Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 53

Re: The New BT YouView STB

@gwatuk wrote:

The 16GB memory for the new box is Samsung K4B2G08460

(http://dungeondogz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/samsung-green-ddr3-8gb-1600mhz-30nm.html)

Which says it's DDR3.

I'm still confused by this 16GB. To put it into perspective both the Playstation 4 and Xbox One are listed as having 8GB DDR general system RAM. My laptop has 2GB DDR system RAM.

We could do with an official Humax spec brochure for the new box. Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 53

Thanks.

Do you have any idea what the processor might be?

I thought that it was difficult to get decent speed processors without having good cooling.

This doesn't seem to have very much...

P1000287-lower res.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 53

I would guess the processor is under that big cooling plate in the middle?

I believe they have taken the power transformer out of the box so I think that takes away a lot of the heat and allows them to not require a fan as long as the box is well ventilated. It also allows them to make the box a bit smaller. So very quiet with just the HDD making a slight bit of noise I would expect.

Here is the storage spec for the HUMAX DTR-T1010. Similar to the T1000.

Untitled2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 53

Yes it's very quiet.

And the remote control buttons do not have annoyingly loud click!

Cat LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 53

There appears to be 2 model names refered to on the BT documentation provides on its customer help pages

BT YouView G4 STB DTR-T2100

& a

DTR-T2110

Is one the retail model and the other the BT provided variant ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 53

@gwatuk wrote:

umpire - how do you get those memory figures?

The 16GB memory for the new box is Samsung K4B2G08460

(http://dungeondogz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/samsung-green-ddr3-8gb-1600mhz-30nm.html)

The 4GB individual boards for PC's shown on that link each contain a bank of 8 chips. So does that mean each chip is 512MB, which equals 4Gb (note the small 'b')?

The G4 has 4 chips so could that be 2GB DDR RAM? That would make more sense to me, but might be completely wrong. Hopefully someone who knows about this stuff will clarify things.

I think the Classic software on the BT Vision+ boxes used to tell you the available system RAM in the system info. The New Look software doesn't and from what you have said I assume the Youview software doesn't either. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 53

@umpire wrote:

...The G4 has 4 chips so could that be 2GB DDR RAM? ...

Well done umpire. I think you've cracked it.

That does make more sense.

Cat Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 53

I signed up to transfer to BT yesterday, taking advantage of a £100 Sainsbo's gift card & £140 cashback from Quidco in the process - I figured it too good a deal to miss, new box or not - my kit's due for delivery at the end of March.

Wonder which one I'll be getting ...thing is I've already got a 1TB DTR-T1010 retail unit - I've also got a BT-flavoured DTR-T1000 which I unexpectedly won whilst messing around on a certain well known auction site a few weeks back(!)

I could do without receiving another DTR-T1000 - I only have the one telly Smiley Embarassed

Fingers crossed for a shiny new DTR-T2100 / DTR-T2110, eh?

Anyone know what the difference between these two model numbers is - Have BT/Humax gone for separate model numbers this time to denote contract & retail streams perhaps?

The only confirmation I've seen of the two model numbers being a reality, comes from this declaration of conformity which popped up in a google search result a few days back:

Untitled.jpg

Intriguing, huh? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 53

@w33nyy wrote:

...Fingers crossed for a shiny new DTR-T2100 / DTR-T2110, eh?

Anyone know what the difference between these two model numbers is - Have BT/Humax gone for separate model numbers this time to denote contract & retail streams perhaps?...

Information from a reliable source within BT says there's only one new machine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 30 of 53

I take it the new look BT Youview box is only being sent out to new customers taking out Infinity plus TV. For I got sent out the old style Humax BT Youview box the other week and I was already on Infinity.

Darren

0 Ratings