cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 53

Re: The New BT YouView STB

Further to the above, I've had two calls from BT and they have arranged for a new replacement box to be sent to me - and, if I contact them afterwards, an offer of compensation for loss of service.

Cannot expect better than this! Super.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 53

TEXT and Email from BT this morning saying that new kit will be delivered 5 Mar.

Good service and care.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 53

@zulu17 wrote:

How are people finding the new box remote - My first impression today is that the OK button and the arrow functionality that surround it are rrather cramped and fiddly to use.

Will the old orginal remote continue to function on the new box - it seems to.

Got my G4 (Ebay) today. I signed up for BT Vision around 6 weeks ago and have been using a G3 DTR-T1000 with the last remote control design (Like a cricket bat with big blue and purple buttons!)

Positives: As others have said the G4's menu system/Guides etc are much quicker and it 1m30s to boot from high eco mode. Its completely silent. I love the fact the remote has a TV/AV button to select TV input source (Necessary on a new Samsung)

Niggles: Marmite looks, I hate the blue lights. I've heard some complain that previous remotes had clicky buttons. The buttons on the new G4 remote are much more clicky than my previous remote. The volume control buttons need quite a firm press to operate but I'm fine with the arrow and ok layout. To be honest though I'd prefer the previous remote with added TV/AV button functionality.

Worth noting, the G4 remote will control the G3 and vice versa. I loved the G3 STB looks and although it was a little sluggish compared to the G4 it still performed more than adequately. The G3 STB with a new G4 remote (Just for the TV/AV button) when they become available would be a good combination.

0 Ratings