cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BagpussThe2nd
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading..... HELP!

For the past week i keep getting the below error page every minute or so--->

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
  If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
  If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

When i refresh the page it usually goes through as normal or does it again and needs to refresh again. Seems like every 1-2 mins i get a period of 15-20 secs of this.

Is this the connection droppping or another error altogether??  If its not actually the connection dropping will this affect gaming online (xbox 360, Battlefield 3)?

I believe Infinity is rolling out in my village (ST8  7__) (Biddulph Moor) next month. Could this be the reason?  Its not the sites/pages im visiting as its happening no matter what site i visit.

I have done the quiet line test (17070) and thats fine.  My hub details and speedtest is below. As far as i know we connected to the master socket.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

I cant do the btspeedtest as the bill payer is away so i cant find out the Serice ID.  I have done a test on speedtest.net if thAt is any good

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1862765754.png[/IMG][/URL]

ADSL line status Connection information

Line stateConnected
Connection time2 days, 15:46:50
Downstream2,643 Kbps
Upstream1,031 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)10.1 dB / 5.3 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)55.5 dB / 35.1 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 13
CRC Errors (Down/Up)3101 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 11
Error Seconds (Local)

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading..... HELP!

Are you connecting via wireless or Ethernet cable?

If you are using wireless, please see Network connections

Taking a special note of the wireless section.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Re: The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading..... HELP!

To do the BT speed test you only need to enter the phone number the service ID is not needed
0 Ratings
BagpussThe2nd
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Thanks, i didnt even think to try without the id. Here is the results for that...

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
1.92 Mbps

0 Kbps 4 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.92 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 2.33 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
856 Kbps

0 Kbps 832 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 856Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 832 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
0 Ratings
BagpussThe2nd
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Im conneted via ethernet. Looking around this forum i se posts about the noise margin... is mine quite high?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

btspeedtest results look ok and consistent with your connection speed.  your noise margin is higher than the normal 6db and by reducing that you would get an increase in speed.  you say you are connected to the master but have you tried the test socket?  do you have other sockets apart from the master?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BagpussThe2nd
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

I dont believe so no. And the speed isnt an issue for me. I live in a village in the sticks so never had over 2.5mb. The issue is the error i get all the time. Ive had problems in the past where my connection would drop and i would have to wait to connect again before continuing. That was along time ago. This seems a different error. And is instantly fixed a refresh.

So if my connection doesnt actually drop will this affect online gaming?

Could this error be due to infinity coming to my area next month?

The reasn its an issue for me at the moment is because im a memeber of a few survey sites where i get paid to take surveys. This error causes me so much trouble. I i click a survey and this error occurs then i lose that survey.... so its actually preventing me from making money 😞

I think we will be getting infinity at the end of april. But if this isnt anything to do with inifinty and is actually a problem with my line then im concerned this will continue.

Since i heard a week or so ago inifinity was rolling out in my village in april this problem seems to have started. So im guessing its due to infinty.

Could it be? and when infinity is running in my village could this problem cease?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

I don't think it is anything to do with the installation of infinity at your exchange.  Have you tried a different browser say firefox or chrome and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BagpussThe2nd
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

I currently use firefox.. i will give chrome a go when i get back, as i have to go out now. I will post the outcome later this evening.

I will also try another laptop aswell.

Thanks for the advice
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

you can also try IE9

0 Ratings