cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cherkhan
Expert
Message 11 of 17

Re: The continuing saga..................

Hmm, we can only hope so as I was questioned over when I had this Hub. Luckily being a hoarder of boxes I still had the box the modem came in dated 24/06/2011, so allowing for travel, storage etc with BT and issue to engineer, I would assume an installtion date of the replacement around Aug/Sept 2011.

Today, the hub appears to be totally knackered with the wireless signal, HTC connecting with allocated DHCP but not allowed access to the internet.

I have an 'engineer' coming tomorrow hopefully to replace everything again otherwise we will have to start talking 'help' with purchase of a different product. Frankly the Hub2 was a nightmare with connections and this Hub 3 appears to fail along the way as well.

It would be much better if BT just issued a quality instrument rather than cheap equipment that has an extremely poor reputation.

0 Ratings
cherkhan
Expert
Message 12 of 17

Have to add that if BT knew there were 'issues' with the Hub1A then why not replace all and have done with it. If this was a car there would be a replacement under warranty/contract/fault issues etc.
0 Ratings
cherkhan
Expert
Message 13 of 17

That should have said 'Hub3 v1A'.
0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 17

Generally, as soon as you tell bt you have an issue with your HH3a they send a replacement HH3b.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
cherkhan
Expert
Message 15 of 17

Maybe because of a possible fault elsewhere but they are sending an 'engineer' to my house. I expect he will do the same as last time, plug it all in and say there you go. Quick test of the line and say 'all working' Few hours later the download speed drops again.

0 Ratings
hongkongandy
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

How can I tell if I have 'A' or 'B' ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 17 of 17

It says Type B on the label on the bottom
0 Ratings