cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 42

The new BT mail service is rubbish...I hate it!!!

The new BT mail service is total rubbish (I hate it!!!!!!!!!)...

The cookie settings revert back to the default settings every time I sign in (it asks me twice each time I sign in to set my cookie settings). 

The service is much slower and often crashes.

The layout/design/functionality is extremely poor and difficult to use (and annoying).

I now recieve more spam emails than ever.

This is the worse email service I have ever used (previously for me, it was the new MSN Outlook).

Everytime I use the new BT mail service i come away feeling extremely annoyed, frustrated and angry....

This is all your fault BT!!!!!!!!! (my email worked just fine before you essentially forced us to change to your new  service).

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 42

Re: The new BT mail service is rubbish...I hate it!!!

Well don't use webmail then, use a mail client. Mail was never intended to be collected via a WEB browser.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 42

You are not forced to use it. You can use whatever email service you want, you could have stayed with your MSN Outlook email if you wanted to.

As licquorice has said, use an email client such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird and most if not all problems you have listed will disappear.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 42

You must be one of the only people I've come across who liked the old BT Email system with Yahoo.

Search on here for the thousands of complaints about Yahoo, and you'll see why BT left them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 42

+1 for using an email client. I use Thunderbird and have had no problems to speak of with either BT Yahoo! or the early days of my transfer to BT Mail. The transfer required some updating of account details but was essentially seamless.

Heaven knows why you thought you were forced to use webmail.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 42

I was transferred to the new BT Mail a couple of days ago and I loathe it, BTYahoo worked fine for me whereas this new service does not.  Simple things like changing the font default do not work, I am prompted to sign-in again virtually every five minutes - the whole thing is a mess.  I am seriously considering using my gmail account instead, not that that is perfect, but it's better than the rubbish BT have served up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 42

@licquorice wrote:
Well don't use webmail then, use a mail client. Mail was never intended to be collected via a WEB browser.

Really? Then why did BT originally contract a WEB portal company like Yahoo! to do their email?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 42

Email was around long before the world wide web. It was later bodged to work via a browser for those without mail clients
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 42

BT want people to collect mail via a browser so they can bombard them with advertising and other dross.
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 42

I think you're spot on, licquorice. It beats me why people persist with webmail, particularly when it's problematic as BT Mail seems to be for some. That's not to excuse any shortcomings by the developers; it's just common sense to have an email client which visits the email servers robotically simply to collect and receive messages, particularly a highly-developed one like Thunderbird or Outlook. As we found with BT Yahoo! it's a lot easier to hack into email servers than individual computers, putting stored information and, perhaps more importantly, a very handy contacts list at risk. And do you really want to entrust storage of your stuff to a third party instead of your own, properly backed up computer? A no-brainer for me.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.