cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smackie65
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

The terrible upgraded email

Is it just me or is the 'new' upgrade absolutely dreadful? Far too busy, more adverts, still lacking in any options to personalise and a confusing interface; the 'from' column is a mess showing all names in the thread. I'm seriously thinking of setting up a non Yahoo account. This is not fit for purpose - BT sort it out!

9 REPLIES 9
Judith25
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: The terrible upgraded email

Totally agree. The ads are driving me mad. I keep opening them thinking its an e-mail at the top of my inbox. Also there are no longer tabs where I can keep e-mails open and flick back to them easily. Attachments are at the end of the message, totally inconvenient. I could go on.....

It is rubbish. Not user friendly at all. I will be looking elsewhere unless previous version (which was far from perfect, but now seems much better!) is returned.

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Is there a particular reason you persist with the abomination that is webmail? All of those things go away with a mail client. There are no adverts, the interface is identical regardless of mail provider, no more logging in and logging out (the client does that at regular intervals and therefore  is much more secure than a long webmail login session). All your accounts in one place if you wish (no seperate login for Gmail, Hotmail, BTinternet mail etc) Far simpler to use than webmail.

Gracie
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

I do not like this up-grade. Each day I log into my main email address and then log out of that and into another BT email...everything was fine. NOW I cannot log out of my main account...any suggestions please...I have some important stuff to do on my other email

pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

@Gracie wrote:

any suggestions please

licquorice has already made the best suggestion you're likely to get. Whether it's BT Yahoo! or the BT Mail that everyone will be migrated to when the act is finally got together, an email client is a far better option than webmail. Better interface, more functionality, more security, end of.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Try this e-mail client, assuming you have a PC.

Using the Thunderbird e-mail client - IMAP connection

JohninCornwall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

We've had literally months of promises that sometihing wonderful was just around the corner and now it's here it turns out to be dreadful!

Apart from simply not working most of the day, I can't even file emails. Most of the time nothing happens, be it singly or more adventuriously in bulk, and on the few occasions when they do seem to move, they are back in the Inbox next time I check.

As for the layout and those b****** adverts! Don't you make enough out of us without making us suffer endless unwanted adverts just so you can screw a little more.

Isn't it usual to trail an new product before inflicting it on your customers, or do you just think we're too stupid to do more than moan.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

@JohninCornwall wrote:

We've had literally months of promises that sometihing wonderful was just around the corner and now it's here it turns out to be dreadful!

That sounds like the new BT Mail. I gathered that this thread was about the rehash of the Yahoo! Mail interface (and by extension the BT Yahoo! product). That's a Yahoo! initiative and effectively out of BT's hands. In due course (some time before the next Wembley World Cup Final) it will become academic for BT customers anyway, as those still with Yahoo! are migrated to BT Mail. That will give them a whole new set of issues to grieve over.

As already said, most of the adverse consequences of both developments can be sidestepped by using an email client.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Fully agree about an email client. Can't understand why people persist in using webmail except if they away from home and using somebody else's computer.

I also think that people are getting confused with BTYahoo and BTMail. As has already been pointed out on the numerous threads about problems, the BTYahoo upgrade was implement by Yahoo not BT  although it obviously affects BTYahoo. It is NOT the promised "something wonderful was just around the corner"  which is referring to the migration from BTYahoo to BTMail

If they are not sure which system they are presently on they should use this link to find out. http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

It might save some confusion when they are reporting all the problems they are encountering if they were at least clear as to which system they are complaining about.

ckingdon222
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Agree, I had to change my password yeterday, I was able to access my emails at last.....although changing passwords is not easy!! Come on BT make this stuff easier to find and do......I now cannot access my emails today because my logon does not recognise my password. And no i have not eneterd wrong or caps lock or any of that stuff, checked and double checked. 

Why not make life **bleep** difficult BT!!!

0 Ratings