cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfenceman
Expert
Message 21 of 46

Re: The usage monitor is currently not available. We will try to restore service as soon as possible

@dfenceman wrote:

@StephanieG wrote:

Thanks for all your feedback guys.

We are currently aware that the usage monitor is not available for a small number of customers.

We are presenting customers with the error message “The usage monitor is currently not available – we’re working to restore service as soon as possible”. We understand how important it is to monitor usage, and we are working to resolve this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we are aware that customers are concerned about going over their monthly usage allowance. So, we are currently logging all customers receiving this message, and for customers who get the above message and go over their allowance, you will not be charged for usage in the month you are presented with the message.

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

What causes different people to get differing responses please ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 22 of 46

Re: The usage monitor is currently not available. We will try to restore service as soon as possible

@dfenceman wrote:

@StephanieG wrote:

Thanks for all your feedback guys.

We are currently aware that the usage monitor is not available for a small number of customers.

We are presenting customers with the error message “The usage monitor is currently not available – we’re working to restore service as soon as possible”. We understand how important it is to monitor usage, and we are working to resolve this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we are aware that customers are concerned about going over their monthly usage allowance. So, we are currently logging all customers receiving this message, and for customers who get the above message and go over their allowance, you will not be charged for usage in the month you are presented with the message.

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

What causes different people to get differing responses please ?

BTW, the usgage monitor is working but is 3 days behind for me, viz :-

Last usage update:

25 Apr 2013 at 23:59

Hi Stephanie,

I have bumped it up for you

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 23 of 46

Hi dfenceman,

The last update posted on this thread is the latest information we have about this, if the helpdesk has advised something different since then I am sorry.

We will keep the thread updated as and when we get more information about this.

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 24 of 46

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the response but it still does not explain why some people seem up to date and others can be anywhere up to 4 days behind, some can't acces it at all and some get the error message.

I'm currently a day behind, viz :-

Last usage update:

06 May 2013 at 23:59

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 25 of 46

Now 2 days behind, viz :-

Last usage update:

06 May 2013 at 23:59

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
homerhotspur
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 46

I only seem to get the current month's usage to date and an average use figure. I cannot find the monitor showing the full  year etc. When I try to find it, I go round in a circle.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 46

you will only find monthly data there is no usage monitor showing a full year

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 46

john's right, but it's even more limited than that because it only shows usage to date in the current month; once the month is over it disappears forever. So if you want any kind of historical data, forget it. BT should be doing better than this - Plusnet (a BT subsidiary) does, though even that gets complaints.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
nikev21
Contributor
Message 29 of 46

My Broadband Usage Monitor has been broken for weeks, I'm not worried about going over any limit because I'm on BT Infinity totally unlimited.  But, I want to see what I'm using for my own records and don't understand why this issue still remains unfixed.

"The usage monitor is currently not available for a small number of customers. We understand how important it is to monitor usage, and as you're not able to view the usage monitor we will not charge you for going over your usage limit this month. You don't need to do anything, we'll take care of that."

0 Ratings
GARRY_AND_SUSIE
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 46

This still rumbling on then?

i gave up back in January, ofcoms toothless regulations don't enforce BT into having to provide one and not many of you visit http://community.bt.com/t5/Ideas-Bank/BT-Usage-Monitor/idi-p/333521 to fight for an alternative.

A switch to unlimited for less money is the way forwards for us!
0 Ratings