cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 46

Re: The usage monitor is currently not available for a small number of customers

on many occasions that link has worked for people even if they have had problems going through BT .com site
0 Ratings
mark_s
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 46

Re: The usage monitor is currently not available for a small number of customers

I have been getting that message on the Broadband Usage Monitor webpage of My BT (http://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/usage/improvedBBUsage.do),

every day for several weeks now.

I guess I should be pleased, as I'm on a 10 gig limit, and this means I can use as much Broadband as I like! But when is this ever going to be fixed??

Although, strangely, if I go the usage monitor via this link:

https://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/secure/cyahub.do

I get a page which does show my usage - although with BBC i-player usage via YouView included of course!

I'm assuming that the "official" message I get via My BT applies, and I'm effectively on unlimited Broadband.

But what a mess! Come on BT get this sorted.

0 Ratings
nikev21
Contributor
Message 43 of 46

Re: The usage monitor is currently not available. We will try to restore service as soon as possible

I have had this "usage unavailable for a small number of customers" message for months, I was also advised that I could call BT to request my usage stats, so how hard is it to make them available online, surely it must be cheaper for BT to put the stats online, rather than fielding answers over the phone, and exactly who are these small number of customers, have they been singled out in some way? Why can some users see usage stats and others can't ???????

0 Ratings
sijomi
Contributor
Message 44 of 46

Re: The usage monitor is currently not available. We will try to restore service as soon as possible

I've been getting this message for getting on for a year now. ("The usage monitor is currently not available for a small number of customers..."). As my "free for a year" BT TV Essentials pack is coming to an end soon I was just wondering if this message relates to problems with excluding Catch-Up TV (iPlayer et al) usage from my usage allowance. If so then after cancelling my TV package I might find I can view my usage stats again but also find my usage now exceeds my allowance... and might be better off paying the £5 a months for TV essentials to retain unlimited allowance. Do any folk who do NOT have ANY TV package also get this message when attempting to view the usage monitor? Conversely do any folk who DO have a TV package NOT get this message?

0 Ratings
MikeRead
Contributor
Message 45 of 46

@sijomi wrote:

I've been getting this message for getting on for a year now. ("The usage monitor is currently not available for a small number of customers..."). As my "free for a year" BT TV Essentials pack is coming to an end soon I was just wondering if this message relates to problems with excluding Catch-Up TV (iPlayer et al) usage from my usage allowance. If so then after cancelling my TV package I might find I can view my usage stats again but also find my usage now exceeds my allowance... and might be better off paying the £5 a months for TV essentials to retain unlimited allowance. Do any folk who do NOT have ANY TV package also get this message when attempting to view the usage monitor? Conversely do any folk who DO have a TV package NOT get this message?

I have no TV package and I'm getting the error. See also this posting

0 Ratings
sijomi
Contributor
Message 46 of 46

@MikeRead wrote:

@sijomi wrote:

I have no TV package and I'm getting the error. See also this posting

Well my TV Essentials package ceased yesterday and lo and behold I can now see my broadband usage again. I can't help feeling that this error is related to if you do or do not have a TV package! Unless of course BT have actually fixed the problem and now no one now gets the error message... 

So I thought I now have two options to avoid exceeding my 40Gb monthly allowance but BT have caught me both ways:

1. Re-instate (actually a new order) my TV Essentials package but as well as the £5/month charge being re-instated I have to pay a £45 (re-)activation charge! But I do get a second Humax Freeview box for free... Hmmm but I don't really like the Youview PVR user interface anyway and why do I want TWO PVRs! This stiil doesn't give me unlimited broadband but iPlayer (all catch-up?) traffic will once more not count toward my usage. (Unless I lose the ability to see my broadband usage again and BT give me back unlimited usage for free!)

2. Upgrade my 38Mb Infinity with 40Gb usage limit to unlimited for... yep the same £5/month. But... BT then say my current anytime calls add-on is no longer compatible with my current calls package and I will have to switch to a more expensive anytime calls add-on. 

Why do BT create such a complex product packaging model rather than just allowing the customer to choose the options he wants from a menu? 

Grrrr!

0 Ratings