cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 28

Re: The whole village has fiber apart from me

I'm obviously not an Openreach engineer so of course there are generalisation in my first post. I'd just really appreciate some advice on how we can use the service which the whole village already benefits from.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 28

This is for my neighbours property:

fiberavailability.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 28

Hopefully the FTTP team will be able to ask Openreach to check if there's an issue with their records.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 28

Hmm, could be a database problem as their's shows FTTP available but your's doesn't. Your first port of call is the FTTP team and see what their view of the world is.

Typing as Webby posted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 28

Thanks - I'll phone them tomorrow and give you an update.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 28

So after phoning BT the conclusion is that the cabinet is probably at capacity and I can only register my interest and wait. Someone might leave and we can take their place, otherwise it's a case of waiting for the cabinet to be upgraded :S

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 28

Not true.

FTTP doesn't use cabinets. You need to speak to someone who knows what they're talking about. Call back and escalate to a manager if needs be.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Sage
Message 18 of 28

Are you sure you called the FTTP team? Did you use this number 0800 587 4787?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Yes I definitely phoned that number and was told the cabinet is at capcity after explaining it is FTTP that the village has. Maybe 'cabinet at capcity' is just poor terminology and there physically aren't enough fibers. This is from another site...

"Also if in a FTTP area i.e. their PCP cabinet was listed as supporting FTTP (yes I know FTTP doesn't use a cabinet, but BT use the cabinet number to see what's been done), but if they are unable to get FTTP due to lack of fibres then FTTP on Demand won't help due to there would be no fibres to connect them to, so there is no point offering FTTP on Demand for FTTP areas, if you get me."  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 28

Be very very unlikely that it's due to no fibres, especially if it's showing as available for neighbours.

You need to speak to someone who has a clue.
0 Ratings