cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: The whole village has fiber apart from me

If the forum moderators work for BT would they be able to do anything?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 28

There are but they don't deal with FTTP. If you don't get anywhere with a manager from the FTTP team you might need to consider raising a complaint.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 28

I will try to get through to a manager tomorrow. Meanwhile I'm getting some email responses from BT. I have had three of these so far:

In response to your query, we would like to inform you that the project has already been at its place to increase the capacity.

however, your cabinet is selected to be upgraded under FTTP(fibre to the premise) scheme.

This cabinet has run out of space for more customers.

The FTTP project initiated to increase capacity in your area is estimated to get complete by last week April 2018.

So I'm to take this as nonesense if a cabinet isn't required for FTTP. I can't believe this can be so difficult, honestly.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 28

So I finally spoke to someone who wasn't reading from a script today after being passed through three different departments - I ended up with the fiber to the home team. There initially appeared to be some discrpency in their records as the neighbours properties weren't showing FTTP availability. After some more digging and a lot of postulating he said the most likely reason IS capacity at the 'head end' and confirmed a cabinet is not involved. I said I want to log the call as a formal complaint which I was told wasn't possible and I should complain to Openreach and fill in another form on their website which I have already done.

There was also talk of unprecedented uptake for the service in general across the country and rural areas - uptake was initially predicted to be 1 in 5 properties. The fact that a farm a few meters up the road was connected in November still remains an unsolved mystery. Surely capcity wouldn't be increased by just one. I would really like some answers from Openreach now - does anybody have a useful number for them or am I not aloud to speak to them?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 28

Forgot to mention it took 2.5 hours on the phone (mostly on hold) to get to this point. Very dissappointed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 28

I'm still dubious.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 28

I have finally got through to someone who knows exactly what they're talking about. There is a data error which is being fixed and I may be able to order Infinity within a week. Incredible turnaround. I'll keep you posted. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 28

As I suspected, I was correct all along. Glad you persevered.

Come back and let us know how you get on!
0 Ratings