Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 25

Re: The wretched HH5

If you look at threads prior to January this year you will see loads of threads about HH5 problems and in particular about wireless issues.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 25

@Daymo wrote:
Even though i haven't been with bt long I haven't had any problems with my BT router. Compared to the offering from Sky it a has been a blessing and has performed a lot better than the sky hub we had , which was very flaky . The HH5 has been solid for me....

I have to agree with you  I have used a Hub5 since first launched with absolutely no problem and I have neighbours using them also with no problems 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 25

Is there much technical difference between the HH4 and HH5? They look almost identical. I had my HH2 replaced with the HH4 a couple of months ago because of Wi-fi issues with the HH2 and have only had one drop out.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 25

the major difference is the HH5 is it has a built in fibre /ADSL modem the HH4 only has an ADSL modem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 25 of 25

@Sephiroth wrote:

That is one wretched device.  It ranks in many respects with VirginMedia's Superhub 1.

You all know this of course, but I've just got to rant it to help get my disgust out of my system.

1/

The thing drops the connection several times a day. 

21:00:40, 13 Feb.(19528.810000) The system is going DOWN for reboot.

2/

No convenient router based way of turning FON off.  It should be an opt-in feature not a bureaucratic My BT mechanism - especially as I never received a BT ID for this circuit.

3/

I can't change DNS.  I want to.

4/

I get this in the event log every few seconds.

20:53:02, 13 Feb.BLOCKED 3 more packets (because of Advanced Filter Rule)

5/

There is no mechanism that I can find in the HH5 for setting a firewall URL filter.  Whhat kind of dumb idiot design is that?  Must I go to BT's web site using a BT ID I haven't got to mess around with Parental Controls? 

Apart from whinging, of course I'm gonna do something about it.  I'll by a decent DSL router which I always knew I'd have to.  But I was curious as to the HH5 so gave it a try.

What a pile of poo.

Don't know how I missed this Seph.

I seem to remember you having the same opinion about another pile of poo from VM.Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings