cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

These questions need answers from BT

I thought I would start another thread rather than leave it in a thread that is supposedly answered.

Isn't it strange that the Mod has not replied to the question concerning the ADSL speed required to get SS1 & SS2 over ADSL?

I like a good conspiracy and believe that BT are deliberately witholding information in order to induce people to subscribe to Infinity?

Questions that need answering (I would be surprised if there aren't more):

1. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get the extra channels over ADSL?

2. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get SS1 & SS2 over ADSL?

3. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get ESPN over ADSL?

4. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get BTS1 & BTS2 on freeview?

5. If you live in an Infinity enabled area can you get ESPN on freeview?

6. What is happening to Channel 34 on freeview?

7. What sports are shown on each channel BTS1, BTS2 and ESPN?

8. What downoad speed (throughput) do you require to get channels over ADSL?

9. What speed will ESPN be streamed at via. browser/app?

10. Will you be allowed to redirect this stream to your TV?

11. Will the above methods of delivery be part of your download allowance or have QofS?

If anyone knows the answers to these questions then please reply with verification links.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: These questions need answers from BT

Removed as proven wrong!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

Removed. No longer relevant.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

10. Will you be allowed to redirect this stream to your TV?

11. Will the above methods of delivery be part of your download allowance or have QofS?

10.  Yes, you can redirect to a TV.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44724/c/348,6466,6466

11.  This doesn't really make sense to me. Why are you trying to use the BT Sport app if you are not a BT broadband customer? Can Sky subscribers not on BT Broadband still yse the app? Plus I don't think I believe the first sentence after all the other problems BT have had with the usage meter and Youview. Smiley Happy

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44777/c/348,6466,6466

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

@umpire wrote:

11.  This doesn't really make sense to me. Why are you trying to use the BT Sport app if you are not a BT broadband customer?

Sorry umpire, you have misunderstood me somewhere along the line.

I am a BT customer with BT Broadband ADSL option 2. I get a connection speed of 5.

I am trying to determine what my options are before making a final decsision on whether or not to opt for the free infinity upgrade I have been offered which I believe will result in some pretty horrendous wiring issues to incorporate it into my existing setup.

So, if I stay as a straightforward ADSL customer in an Infinity enabled area, what are my options.

Currently, I believe:

1. I will lose SS1 & SS2 but other threads have suggested perhaps not (Broadband Channels).

2. BT have said ESPN will not be available on freeview. I thought maybe perhaps a "Broadband Channel"?

3. A contact with BT resulted in the following statement via. email before the announcement of "Broadband Channels".

"With regards to BT Sport over freeview, you will still be able to take advantage of BT Sport is your remain on the ADSL service. This would mean that your would not be able to access ESPN on your set top box but this would be available through the BT Sport app online. Having BT Sport through freeview would also mean that you would not be able to access those channels in HD."

Either BT are being disingenuous or they are developing policy as they go because they are not clearly conveying to their customers what is or is not possible. They seem to have a policy of trying to get people onto Infinity and are drip feeding the other alternatives.

They must have decided all the permutations for customers (not even BT are that dopey) but I don't think all my alternatives will come to light until I tell them I am leaving, then all of a sudden the alternatives will surface. They, I think, are playing a timing issue game to see how things go with signing people up to Infinity.

In addition from my point of view, if they can/wll provide SS1 & SS2 & ESPN if you are on ADSL rather than Infinity then that maybe my preference. I undestand I will only get 17.4 for Infinity which is borderline, obviously a lot more than 5 but not enough to watch in HD & Record in HD at the same time.

So, I have to decide but only when all the facts are known.

All the best

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

My apologies, that was badly worded.

I meant I didn't really understand the answer BT gave on the linked page, not your question. Also, I didn't mean you when I said 'you', I meant the you that the BT answer was referring to, which means any customer reading the answer.

Now I've confused myself! Smiley LOL  Hope that makes some sense. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Already posted this on the BT Vision forum, but it's perhaps more appropriate to put it here:

I am an ADSL customer on an exchange that is not even on the Infinity roll out plan, and have just received a letter from BT informing me that I will not be able to receive Sky Sports 1 and 2 from 12 June.

The BT Wholesale Speed Checker says that my speeds are 6.93 mb download (max 7.15, IP Profile 7.11) and 0.33 upload (max 0.45, IP Profile 0.45).

I have been offered free broadband and UK evening and weekend calls for 6 months if I recontract for 12 months. I have paid for Sky Sports until 24 June, so will presumably get a refund for 12 days.

The telecom/TV companies talk a lot about triple play, but the pricing of BT Sport and the removal of Sky Sports for non-Infinity BT Vision customers mean that BT Broadband and telephone and a Sky dish is the most attractive option for a substantial proportion of the population.

0 Ratings