cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Thinking of changing to BT

Hi, we are currently with sky for everything but are looking to change. Looking for any advice that can sway our decision. Something to take into consideration is that we have a 9yr old who watches kids programmes. I have 'chatted' to BT but am confused over the various packages.

Thanks.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinking of changing to BT

I have a 9 year old and with infinity and the £3 kids bolt on he is really happy (we were with sky for 10 years)

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 5

If you are in a BT Infinity area then get Youview from BT on a package that includes Infinity/Phone and 19 extra TV channels. Then add the HD extra bolt on at £3 a month and the Kids extra bolt on at £3 a month. The kids bolt on gives you kids on demand plus a few extra kids TV channels. I not got the kids bolt on as there is no kids in your house. Also if you like music then the BT music bolt on at another £3 a month is good. Than you could oif you want add the BT Film/Box sets and £5 a month. The BT sport HD is included in the HD extra pack at £3 a month.

You wiill also be sent out the new look BT Youview box were as I got sent out the old style Youview box last month when I upgraded my TV package. I was alrady on Infinity.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the responses. I have had some confusing messages from BT chats. One told me I can get the youview package as my estimated download speed is 8mb. Another said I couldn't as I'm not in an infinity area!!

Thanks again.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

This link is probably the clearest 

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/compare-packages

You can see that with Infinity there are a lot more options and addons available than for those without.

So yes you can get a Youview package with  that estimated broadband  but you would not get the BT internet channels so it may not be as complete a package as you want for your family.

That means for example you would not  be able to get the live Kids channels added to your basiic (Essential) package. The Kids on demand content that would be available is a much more limited set of on demand programmes.

0 Ratings