cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Thinking of switching from Sky

Hello, a simple question but can't really find a clear cut answer, I have BT Infinity & currently watch BT Sport through my Sky Box, I'm considering cancelling Sky & moving to BT TV I think I'm right in thinking that I'll have BT Sport for free in doing so, all I need to know is can I watch & record anything on BT sport via BTtv just as I am with Sky WITHOUT having to connect the box to the Internet? I'm hoping the answer is "yes it comes through your aerial & you can pause, rewind & record just like on Sky" I understand the BTtv boxes are not wifi but my television will be in a different room from my router so is pretty much a deal breaker for me, thanks in advance!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinking of switching from Sky

BT Sport is streamed via the internet, although you can record on the Youview box as you would any Freeview broadcast. You would need to be on Infinity or a reasonably fast (5.25mbps or above) ADSL line, which has to be multicast enabled, to receive it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks, I guess that counts me out then that's disappointing. Why does it have to be streamed & not just broadcast through the aerial, oh well.......
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Why not use powerline adapters to make an ethernet connection from your router to the BT TV box? Problem solved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

@ChrisB wrote:

Why not use powerline adapters to make an ethernet connection from your router to the BT TV box? Problem solved.

Seconded.

Easy result and works perfectly well.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Yes I shall consider it, thanks both.......
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

My box and and hub are in two different rooms and pla work just fine

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings