cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 11 of 88

Re: This is no good!

No difference in the test socket-in fact now the thing has totally ground to a halt!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 88

if you are now in the test socket can you post new adsl stats and btspeedtester not beta results please.  the test socket should be your best conection as that is your direct link to the exchange

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 13 of 88

Ok - well Ive just replugged the hh into the test socket upstairs and I have miraculously noted an improvement in performance- does this mean that the phone wiring in the house is the problem? Thanks again
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 14 of 88

ADSL Line Status

Connection Information

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 00:08:51
Downstream: 7.938 Mbps
Upstream: 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings

VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type: Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up): 10.5 dB / 23.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 30.3 dB / 16.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 19.8 dBm / 12.0 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 1

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 88

it would suggest there is a problem with the internal wiring.  was the bellwire connected to terminal 3 on the front plate of the master socket?  if so remove it and also remove it in all other sockets 

bellwire removal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 88

now that is what I call an improvement as you now have the maximum connection speed for adslmax.  stats look far better.

can you run btspeedtester not beta version to see current profile and download speed please

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 88

a good connection now
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 88

john46 just as I said better to get connection fixed first and maybe latency will be fine

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 88

yes i have to say I missed that one hopefully the latency will be ok
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 20 of 88

Thanks to you gentlemen for all your help- the problem obviously involves the internal wiring in the house.The hub cannot be left upstairs as I need to run wired as well as wireless connections,and this location is just not practical. Will the solution mean moving the master socket? As I explained earliar I have two separate phone lines running into the house. The master socket for the second line is in the ideal place downstairs and has been used just for a broadband connection with AOL Next to that there is also a disused Master socket from a 3rd line presumeably used by the previous owner and next to that the extension socket for my main telephone line which I am wanting to use with the Home hub 3. Any suggestions on rearranging things?
0 Ratings