cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 48

Re: Thought it was way too good to be true.....

0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 48

0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 48

@dnpark38 wrote:

Sorry dnpark38, it's just a normal £9.99 postage cost for the hub for me.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 48

@dnpark38 wrote:

No it was not wrong to ask a question, that is what the forum is for.

What can happen however is that when somebody asks a question and it gets answered in such away that it then starts a whole new series of questions and answers which then takes over the OP's thread or leads to confusion about who is answering what and to whom.

If you are confused about FTTP and FTTP on Demand you should either post your questions on the thread you have already started or start a new thread about it. That way you can ask as many questions as you want without it confusing another posters thread.

dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 48

Thanks.

I got sorted on the native and on demand FTTP earlier in other threads.

I do try to keep to subject and appreciate,

"If you are confused about FTTP and FTTP on Demand you should either post your questions on the thread you have already started or start a new thread about it. That way you can ask as many questions as you want without it confusing another posters thread."

For the moment I'm assumming that  Starwire2000 is using alternative words for the two methods.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 48

No, starwire2000 is describing the physical process of connecting either version of FTTP, there are 2 methods of connection.

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 48

@gg30340: No, I intend my request for his BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate to be addressed to the OP of this thread, @Park_Ranger.

Anyway, thanks, it has now been answered. The OP is indeed going for WBC FTTP.

As you correctly pointed out, when someone other than the OP asks a Q about their own situation, it can be confusing who is answering who, but my posts are always aimed at the OP unless stated otherwise (as this 1).

Message 18 of 48

Well an Openreach chap turned up, but it's still a no go.

Seems the CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal Fibre) is not on the pole he expected it to be (As shown on his map) and is more than 160 metres away, the CBT should be on the pole outside of our house.

Apparently this is something to do with the contractors and he is reporting the problem back to his superiors.

Not a lot I can do for now, might leave it a day or two and chase them up to see what's happening.

And I have to eat humble pie, the missus has been winding me up for 3 weeks saying this is not actually going to happen, I have been saying that it will, Iv'e been assured by the FTTP team that it will happen on the 29th............

0 Ratings
sparkymark75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 48

Sounds kinda similar to my issue where the Openreach records for my house had me connecting to the wrong equipment. What happened for me was someone had to come and do a survey (on newly laid infrastructure) and then Openreach update their records to reflect the correct equipment. They cancel the order and then create a new order based upon the updated records.

0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 48

Just a quick update............

Just had a BT contractor (The ones that installed the cable I'm guessing) to do a survey and take some pictures.

He said it's an easy job moving the fibre cable along two poles to outside our gate (Where it should have been anyway).

I don't know if they move the CBT or put an extra one on our pole.

And he thinks we should be up and running in two weeks. (If it's before Christmas I'll be happy).

My original 10th of November order is still open.

0 Ratings