Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catbread
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Throttling P2P Upload

Hello!

For the last 3-4 days, I have noticed that my upload speed via P2P has been cut down from 20mbit, to 1mbit at ALL TIMES.

I called customer service, and they said they would investigate, and that they do NOT throttle P2P upload.

Everything is normal outside of P2P uploads contrary to what this test says, including download speed with P2P, it is solely P2P upload speeds I am having a hard time with. Is anyone else experiencing this, and did the customer service people just lie about not throttling, or am I definitely having a problem elsewhere?

I just find it odd that everything else is uploading full speed (including FTP to friends as a test), but P2P is not.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Catbread
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Throttling P2P Upload

That's pretty weird, my upload is back to normal about 20 mins after making this thread haha...
0 Ratings
Catbread
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

And now I'm back to 1mbit upload speed, 40-50 mins later.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

I take it you have read this:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/c/346/?s_cid=con_FURL_broadbandusagepolicy

specifically B Network Management.

It can be put on outside of busy times and is UP and DOWN if it's p2p. FTP is not the same as p2p.

(but downstream restrictions will typically be in place 4pm - midnight on weekdays and 9am - midnight on the weekend. Upstream restrictions may be in place at other times.)

Well known about.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings