cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Throttling again!!

Watching live sport is becoming increasing impossible.

I can't go ten seconds without it buffering on programmes such as AceStream or Sopcast - I thought you didn't throttle? You clearly continue too. I have a 5mb connection, but should still be able to run the above absolutely fine without any buffering issues.

So what's you're excuse this time guys?
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Throttling again!!

There is no throttling so the buffering of your sports program is a problem with your connection whether that is in your home or line or exchange

Were you using wireless or ethernet?

you need to post some router stats and also btspeedtester diagnostic results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

This is a customer to customer self hep forum posts made here do not go directly to BT and although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

If theres absolutely no throttling whatsoever with BT, then why does this quote keep cropping up?

"BT manage p2p during peak ours unless you are on the totally unlimited contract taken out since feb 2013" Smiley Wink

Theres nothing wrong with the excharge - with the exception of BT being too tight to get fibre in the area anyway. I can download files fine, online gaming, even torrents run 400-600kbs 99% of the time.

When it comes to watching live sport however its barely watchable, I tried watching a game a mintue or two ago and it buffers every five seconds, its not in HD so theres something dodgey going off if my internet can't stream without buffering every other second. 

Seen countless other posts on different forums stating the same problems with p2p streaming programms such as Acestream.

http://www.fsicrew.info/forums/bt-throttling-speeds-t19685.html?s=506039fbba23e7c6ca01392586ad876c&a...

^^^

check this 

0 Ratings
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

09:28:18, 02 May.( 71.190000) DSL noise margin: 22.00 dB upstream, 6.20 dB downstream
09:28:17, 02 May.( 71.030000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 5888 Kbps downstream

This is from yesterday 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

then if your problem is with P2P protocols upgrade to the totally unlimited package and your problem will be solved failing which post the information asked for and we will try and help you however if you just wish to rant on about your problem that is your choice
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

As you moved home and had to downgrade from infinity about August last year you must have had to take a new contract which is totally unlimited where the p2p section of t&c has been deleted. If you still not convinced then run glasnost test http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php

were you using wireless or wired?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Using wireless, went from 80mb at my old address to a mere 5mb here so abit of a difference as you can imagine.

Just don't get why live p2p streaming is impossible for me, yet I can download torrents 24/7 perectly fine. Even on a 5mb connection I should be able to stream without a hiccup whether its SD, 720 or 1080.

Running the glasnot test now, so will post results in a mintue 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

it could also be the site you are streaming from getting congested
0 Ratings