cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tafawke
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Tired of getting 'over the limit' emails when I have unlimited internet usage

For the third time I have just received an email saying I am over my 10GB Option 1 usage limit and will be charged etc....

HOWEVER, I pay for unlimited internet access - Option 3 and have done since I started using BT in August 2009.

When the first email came I contacted BT and was told it was an error and not to worry about it as I had not been charged.

When the second email came I contacted BT and was told it was an error and they didn't know why I was getting the emails as I was clearly on Option 3 - Unlimited but not to worry as I hadn't been charged.

When the bill arrived last week, guess what - I had been charged for an additional 18GB.

I contacted BT and was told it was an error and it would be adjusted and the direct debit reflect the right amount (I am yet to see how much will be taken so I can't comment on this)

BUT, less than 10 minutes ago I received ANOTHER email saying I am close to my 10GB limit... WHY???? My BT still says I am on Option 3 - Unlimited....

I have contacted BT three times trying to get them to sort out their problem and each time they say it has been done but it has been going on now since July 2010 and it is still not sorted.

Why can't they sort it out once and for all... I am tired of spending upwards to an hour on the phone each time trying to get it fixed...

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 2

Re: Tired of getting 'over the limit' emails when I have unlimited internet usage

Hi tafawke, Welcome to the forum. Can you send an email in with your forum username and BT account details, and we'll see what's going on with your broadband package? You can get our forum mod email address by clicking on my username. Thanks, Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings