Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

To Infinity And Back To Dial Up Speeds

Go to solution

Think im getting congestion problems as during the day im getting speeds of what i was told i would get which is about 21MBps but at weekends and from about 4pm during the week my speeds slowly decrease down to about 2MBps, just need someone to confirm it is congestion and any planned maintenance to sort it out, I hoped i got rid of this problem when i left virgin but alas not.

My exchange is Mickleover  EMMICKL.

Here are my speedtest the first one is at about 1pm and the second one is at 7.30pm and the helpdesk picture was took at the same time at the slower speed.

Test 13;00.pngTest 19;34.pngDetails.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: To Infinity And Back To Dial Up Speeds

Go to solution
Yes it does look like congestion all that can be done is wait for a capacity increase to be carried out by BT Wholesale this is outside BT Retail your providers remit
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @DingleDangle,

I've had a look and I can't find any capacity issue listed for your exchange. I'll be able to get this investigated. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

In order to help get this investigated, please can you run the BT Speed test using the link http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/, when the slow down occurs? You'll need to run the "Further Diagnostics" once the first test completes.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for replying quickly i will do another speed check this evening when it slows down and send you the results.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Selected Go to the Solution, but no solution was to be found, just wondered what the problem was?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
The Original poster marked his last post as the solution
0 Ratings