cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 33

Re: Today's Cloud Update 10/01/2017

Whilst I am sure everyone is grateful for the update the most telling phrase is "a few weeks". By the time these few weeks will have elapsed it is likely that they will coincide with the first  anniversary of the wondrous announcement of the "offerings" we were supposed to get with the  BT SYNCHRONOSS combined efforts. Nearly a year into the five year contract and a working product has yet to be delivered. Many users of BT Cloud will be IT professionals or ex/retired IT professionals who will be aghast at the performance of the BT Cloud service on the current platform. Some very serious questions need to be asked of BT's supplier selection process and software testing environment. In a properly run IT business the  plug would have pulled months ago on this offering. Whether BT will now make the decision that ought to be made. In my own case my data allocation was increased by 500% whilst my ability to manage my data with any degree of confidence has declined similarly. My 500gb is spinning freely and empty and most likely to do so for the foreseeable future.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 33

Just as a test did a 12 folder upload using the Desktop, not one single Smart Folder was created, even though the necessary box was ticked, just a collection of 220 files. This fault has been present since Day 1 of the "new" platform. Just deleting the mess now. It would seem if you want an Album you have to create it manually.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 33

Purely out of academic interest I tried one single named folder via the Desktop. No Smart Folder created and I seemed to have duplicates from previous uploads that I thought I had deleted. Mass deletion (manual) done 500Gb all nice and clean and empty apart from a few mb of test files, nothing important.

0 Ratings