Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ear7pwl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Told BT Infinity available, signed up, now unavailable

Go to solution
Our area was upgraded for fibre last year. For months, I tried to sign up for BT Infinity, but was told that it was unavailable for our house.

Then last week I was thrilled when the availability checker said that we could get infinity with estimated downloads of 39-40Mbps. I signed up immediately and cancelled my contract with my current broadband supplier.

However today I have been told that it isn't available after all -apparently there aren't any free sockets? Why did the checker say that it was available?

Is there anything I can do? My current broadband is dire (1Mbps). I've been told that now I won't have any broadband over Christmas either as there will be a gap between my old broadband being switched off and the new (more expensive) standard BT broadband being switched on.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Told BT Infinity available, signed up, now unavailable

Go to solution

Enter your phone number and post the results. Remember to delete your number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ear7pwl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Hi -thanks for your reply. There was no data available for my phone number (non BT line), but entering my address gave this:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 1.5 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 1 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Your cabinet is fibre enabled but there is currently no capacity for new connections. You just need to keep checking dslchecker as openreach will upgrade it with more capacity. There is nothing you can do at present until cab upgraded

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ear7pwl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks -I suspected that might be the case.

It's very frustrating as that's exactly what I've been doing for the last year and last week for the first time it said it was available and I signed up right there and then...

Can you request for cabinets to be upgraded or do you just have to wait and hope?
Thanks again.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The notes you posted shiw that openreach already are aware and will upgrade capacity as soon as possible. Obviously there were many others lime yourself continually checking your cabinet status

john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Openreach are already aware of the upgrade and it will be carried out as soon as possible normally a date is shown on the checker once known