Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 1 of 12

Too many errors to quickly.

Go to solution

Hi Guys, i reset my connection last night, must have been connected before that for over a week or so. Was having trouble with some online gaming and normally a reset is a temporary fixture for this. However, when i reset my errors just seemed to be flying through the roof. I must get about 20000 errors in a few seconds which in my honest opinion is really high. 

I changed filters and everything but this hasn't seem to have changed anything. Is there anything else you guys would suggest or something i have missed? My sync speed before disconnecting was pretty much the same as it is now, although the errors to didn't climb that fast. Here at my stats:

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 07:07:14
Downstream:7.832 Mbps
Upstream:1.047 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):3.4 dB / 5.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):41.9 dB / 24.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.1 dBm / 12.6 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):51586675 / 139
CRC Events (Down/Up):170617 / 45
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):151022 / 14
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):25067 / 4
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Too many errors to quickly.

Go to solution

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

To enable forum members to help you, could you please read the web page that is shown below, which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.

Speed and disconnections

Guru
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Hi Keith, so from your notes the problem is internal? i.e my wiring?

It's really weird as nothing has changed, unless my master socket is on the blimp!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Do you have a master socket like this

If so, can you plug a microfilter into the test socket behind, and plug your home hub and phone into it, and see if you still get the errors clocking up.

Guru
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
No my socket is all in one, there is only wiring behind my master socket.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

without reading all the old posts presumably you have removed the bellwire from terminal 3 in all your sockets even though old style  - just don't touch wires on 2 & 5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Guru
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Imjolly

I have yes, only did this as i had no connection and for some reason the wiring behind the socket was loose and was causing me not to have any Internet at all.

I have been cautious about changing my master socket as it seems to kind of "fix itself" over time. Now i'm not actually too sure whether it needs actually changing.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

even though the actual change of master socket to NTE5 should not be a problem it is the property of BT and not for the homeowner

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Guru
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Could i request to have it changed out? If they see no faults anywhere up to my premises, i'm guessing they will be reluctant to?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

openreach - if it's not broke they won't fix it.