cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 13

TopCashBack Declined

I signed up for BT calls, TV and Broadband via Topcashback (tcb). My activation date was 17th February 2016.

The cashback initially appeared but was then declined as BT attributed it to another sales channel even though the process was completed wholly online and as a result of the offer advertised on TCB. The topcashback was the main factor in convincing me to move over to BT from Sky. I have raised a complaint with TCB who inform me that the decision lies with BT. I have made a complaint to you, however the advisor that I have spoken with didn't seem to understand what affiliate marketing was, or who in BT I would need to speak with.  As a result, they have pursued another channel altogether! 

The only amendment that I made to my order was to amend the activation date to be in line with my previous ISP's cancellation date and to research the additional equipment (phones and Youview Box) that i purchased with the original order.

Please could you put me in contact with someone in the know as to how this can be resolved?

Regards

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 13

Re: TopCashBack Declined

Hi.

Exactly the same has happened to me, for the same reason. I am beyond disappointed. I was due £120 cashback, which was the only reason I chose BT as their deal was not competitive without this.

They stated they affiliated the sale through another channel also, but would no elaborate on this. I fully completed my transaction throught BT and TopCashBack. TCB cannot provide any other information other than BTs affiliate network said I purchased it through someone else. This is ridiculous, I have only ever used TopCashBack and followed instructions to a T.

The only issue I have encountered is that BT failed to transfer over my landline number (as requested) and also did not fully follow the cease process with Talk Talk (who have now billed me because BT did not tell them the order was complete).

Please can you help me? I have tried talking to someone at BT, but they also didnt understand what I ment!. The £120 cashback was a major factor in my decision and its so disappointing that you are unable to follow this through.7

Regards

Andy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

I have asked a forum moderator to help you both they will post there contact link here
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 13

Hi @Wiltslad,

This is something we can get looked into for you. We'll speak with the affiliate team and hopefully get this sorted to your liking.

@lemur2015, I'll need to do the same for you. It's possible another order was placed after the problem you mentioned. That would mean that your original order didn't complete. We'll need those details to raise a case for you and look into honouring the agreement.

I'll need both of your contact details and a bit more information about your orders. You can get in touch by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods. It'll take us time to look into it but we will.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Exactly the same thing happened to me - BT cancelled my order without telling me then reinstated it, presumably so they didn't have to pay the TopCashback dividened. I'm fuming. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

@xchange

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post there contact link here
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 13

Hi @xchange,

I've posted a reply on the other link you created. Have a look at it please.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 13

Thanks John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 13

Thanks Daniel. Done as requested.