cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KirstyK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

TopCashBack declined!

I placed an order through top cash back, my order reference was Z60**Edited**.

I have been contacting topcahback support over the last few days and they have said that they are declining the claim as another marketing channel was involved with the transaction, I cannot see any way that there could be as I did not use any other site other than top cash back to click through to your website to make the purchase, I have queried this with them stating that we did not use any other means and they have responded with the following:

" it appears another entity has become involved in your transaction resulting in ourselves not being identified as the last referrer. Entities can be things like:
cookies from previous sites
voucher codes not approved by TopCashback
Pop up windows

Unfortunately due to strict confidentiality rules between the merchant and the network we have not been provided the name of the last referrer to your transactions."

There were no popups at all, I'm sure you can see from my order that no voucher codes were used and I don't see how cookies can be an issue as I have never used any other cash back website.

I even have the attached screenshot showing that it registered that I went through top cash back.

BTTCB

Please can you let me know if there is anything you can do to help?

Kind Regards,

Kirsty Knight

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 10

Re: TopCashBack declined!

Hi @KirstyK

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you're being told that your cash back has been declined.  Unfortunately, as your order reference number begins with Z60 you wouldn't be eligible for the cash back as it did not track correctly from their website.  See this link for more info: Why didn't my purchase track?

I'm sorry I didn't have better news for you.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
KirstyK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Hi Robbie,

Do you know what could have caused it to not track properly from their website? what does the Z60 reference?

is there any way to appeal it and have the tracking sorted out considering I have a screenshot from when I clicked through which shows that I did use topcashback and the screenshot is date and time stamped from when it was taken. Surely there must be someway to accknowledge that it was done through their offer, the cashback they were offering was a large part on why we decided to purchase the package that we did.

Regards,

Kirsty

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 4 of 10

Hi @KirstyK did you notice the link in @RobbieMac answer in blue text. From what I can tell is you needed a VOL order number not a Z60 for an order to show it tracked correctly, when using cash back sites.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 10

Hi @KirstyK

Thanks for posting back!

You can use the link in my post above to raise this directly with Topcashback.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
KirstyK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Yes I did notice the link that had been posted and I read the page to which it pointed. It did not answer my questions as otherwise I would not have asked them. The page has general information about some posibilities of which I had already discounted.

I asked if he knew what could have caused mine to not track and also what the Z60 references, not what reference should I have if it did track. Please don't treat me like an idiot by stating the obvious, your comment came over very condescending.

0 Ratings
KirstyK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hi Robbie,

I have already spoken to topcashback several times regarding this tracking, as you can see from my original post they have said that due to confidentiality they have not been informed who the last referrer to your website was, therfore, if you could tell me what the Z60 references and based on that confirm that there was no other referrer other than topcashback then hopefully this could open up further dialog for me to pursue on both sides to get this transaction tracked to them even if it needs to be a manual tracking entry.

Regards,

Kirsty

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

From what I understand if your order reference begins Z60 then your order has not successfully tracked and you will not receive the cashback. This can happen for a number of reasons such as having multiple windows open when placing your order.
0 Ratings
KirstyK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

If other people wish to comment on this thread please read ALL of the prior information as posting comments like the one directly above does not help, and does not even attempt to answer my questions.

Based on the specific information that I have asked for I believe that only a moderator i.e.(a BT employee) will have the access and knowledge to be able to answer my questions.

I am fully aware that it did not track, I am trying to obtain all of the relevant information to prove undeniably to both parties that it should have tracked and therfore should be eligible for payment. I can prove that I went through top cash back to BT and that I purchased a BT package. Top cash back state that based on the reference i.e.(Z60) that another marketing channel are credited with the last referal to BT prior to my purchase, and that due to strict confidentially rules BT will not inform them of whom the last referer is. As I am the customer of BT there would be no confidentiallity issues with them informing me of the last referer that I suposedly used. If I can get BT to confirm that there was no other marketing channel then top cash backs agument for not allowing the claim for the cashback would be void and they would be forced to look into the matter further and attempt to achieve a satisfactory result.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 10

@KirstyK the Z60 code is for standard bt.com orders with no referral.  The order code begins AJM if it has tracked from a referral from site.  I hope that helps.

@COZ I'd recommend you get in touch with Topcashback on the link that Robbie posted earlier in this thread and make a complaint regarding your declined cashback payment.