cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COZ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Topcashback Declined- Down £130

I ordered my BT Sevice through Topcahsback in February and had my service installed in March. The offer was £130 cashback and £150 BT Reward. My contract was up with Virgin (who I had been very happy with) and this offer persuaded me to join BT.

I cleared all cookies and cache in browser before the purchase and took screen grabs of everything.

The cashback Tracked at £120, so I opened a claim with TCB for the extra £10. They told me BT insisted £120 was correct and the order at some point went to Confirmed so I was just waiting to it to go to Payable so I could withdraw my cashback to my bank account. I wasn't too bothered about that £10- it was not worth the hassle arguing about it.

I have regularly logged into TCB to check on the Status and was shocked to find, a few days ago, that it has now been Declined!

I am absolutely fuming as I'm now paying more for a shoddier service. Customer Service is awful (kept me on the phone for 30 mins just to order a new router- then sent 2!) and my broadband speed keeps dropping sometimes as low as 15mb. I am paying for 52mb. TV hardly has any channels as I didn't realise you needed an aerial to pick most of the channels up.

I am waiting for my second engineer visit tomorrow. If it cannot be fixed obviously I am within my rights to cancel my contract.

I am £130 out of pocket and am waiting for the BT cashback team to call me. When I called the to complain they would not give me the direct line.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
COZ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Re: TopCashBack declined!

This has just happened to me too after it has sat as "Confirmed" cashback for the last 5 months. I am fuming!

0 Ratings
COZ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Hello NeilO, I did this as soon as I noticed it had been declined. They are looking into it. I do not expect them to be able to resolve it.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Re: Topcashback Declined- Down £130

Just a note.

You're not £130 out of pocket as it's not money you've ever had.

Cashback isn't always guaranteed.

That said, the moderators should be able to look into this for you if TCB won't any further.

What does your order rerference number start with?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 13

Hi @COZ,

Thanks for posting. I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you but as soon as you have a reply from Top Cashback as per @NeilO request on your other posts let us know and we'll help if we can.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
COZ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Hi David,

I would appreciate your help in this matter if you want to keep me as a customer. As discussed with BT during my last phone call with them, I have told them they have until the end of this week to sort cashback and broadband issues out or I am leaving. The engineer is due to call at my house today also to try fix the broadband issue.

Here is the reply I have received from TCB

Hi

Thank you for your post and for confirming this for us.

I have taken a look into your claim for you today and I have decided to add your claim to our query log to be queried further with the merchant's affiliate network. I'm hoping that they will be able to provide further information with regards to your claim and as soon as we hear back from them, we will get in contact with you.

Once we receive any further updates, we will be in touch.

0 Ratings
COZ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

@WebbyI am down £130 as I factored the £130 into the overall costs when deciding to leave Virgin to join BT

My order ref starts with AJMEAA0

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 13

Hi @COZ,

Thanks for getting back. It looks like this has been raised to the correct team but I'll be happy to take a look for you if you wish. Just drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Top cashback does state that it's not guaranteed. That goes for any purchase, not just this one.

Just something to be aware of.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
COZ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

@DavidMI have contacted you through the link on your profile

0 Ratings